bsa starfire anybody had one ?

If I were you…….:rob

…..I'd find a 441 Victor and run that instead. A good big 'un is always better than a good little 'un.

I ran a 69 Cheyne Victor for a few years. Very satisfying…when it ran.

That's it on my avatar. Along with me and a dislocated shoulder:blast. Don't ask!

Fluff.

there a nice looking bike

I'll post a pic when I get hone tonite. Should never have sold it. Did Red Marley and some local scrambles on it for a number of years then bought a 670cc '53 Tiger 100 Mettisse 'cos it was reputedly quicker. Well it might have been on both pots but often they wouldn't work at the same time!
Scary fast when it went. Ex Steve Breen championship winner. Not sorry I sold that but I'd have the Victor back any day. Sadly, its probably broken up by now.

Fluff.

Cant see you fetling a brit bike dave ? Theyre not particularly reliable in good hands so with your self confessed lack of machanical skills .............get an XBR500 ? SR500 ? XT500 ? CB750 /550 (early one) all good base bikes for looking good . Just put white grips and a brown seat on.

Cant see you fetling a brit bike dave ? Theyre not particularly reliable in good hands so with your self confessed lack of machanical skills .............get an XBR500 ? SR500 ? XT500 ? CB750 /550 (early one) all good base bikes for looking good . Just put white grips and a brown seat on.

i may have underplayed my ability for comedy sake plus i can allso afford to pay someone to do it for me if i cant be bothered. plus dont forget i dont buy old nails or fixer uppers (air head is a project) all my bikes are usually immaculate and running perfect ,and kept on a carpet ...................no japanese bikes

The triumph trophy trail was unusual and usefully more power than the Starfire.
The C15 made just 12 bhp same as a Honda CB125S except one had enough vibration to jackhammer roads apart

I personally like the Honda XL250 K0 Motorsport cool looking and reliable the later RS was a bit more powerful but not as nice

Only bike I've ever owned and hated was a BSA C15, not a Starfire but a close relative, uncool, unreliable, slow and for a first bike a lousy introduction to the world of motorcycling, wouldn't want to own another for sure!

Cheers Phil

I had one in the early nineties and it was great fun. Once I had the gear box rebuilt and a few porous bits of crankcase sorted and fitted a new clutch and....... But all joking aside it was fun in a slow plodder with a great sound sort of way. Just don't pay over the top cos it's old British iron.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ive gone of the idea of a bsa now and to be honest i was watching a youtube clip on changing the front and rear sprockets on a t140 what a faff so much arseing around to change them ......sod that

i have a hankering for a little bike run around (where i will run around to i am not sure)and liked the look of the bsa starfire ,i know nothing about them ,never had one ,never ridden one but i like them .
#any advice other than dont bother or terrible i think allthough not sure were they allso called the barracuda in export trim

I've had one................ never wanted another which says it all :rolleyes:

i have a hankering for a little bike run around (where i will run around to i am not sure)and liked the look of the bsa starfire ,i know nothing about them ,never had one ,never ridden one but i like them .
#any advice other than dont bother or terrible i think allthough not sure were they allso called the barracuda in export trim

If you want an old clunker set your sights a bit higher then a 250. Subscribe to Old Bike Mart and peruse the private classifieds every month until a well cared for original machine that grabs your attention comes up. Matchless, AJS etc can all make rewarding bikes to own.

Back
Top Bottom