Head says Lattitude jacket heart says Badlands

Minimalist

Reaction score
Anyone bought either and wished they had bought the other.

I have a GSA and unlikely to do much off road on it I have a KTM 250 for that. So do I need the badlands or is it really worth the extra. I will be touring and commuting.

I will be buying the Lattitude pants as Klim do not have any BL in my size left until the new kit hits the road around June.

I tried on. BL jacket and it fits well, I'm going to assume the Lattitude will too.

I think I have read every thread on here, so why not start another.

Thanks. Nige

Have you considered the Overland kit - a sort of half way house between the two and what I've just ordered as my year round road trousers.

Andres

I looked at both the Badlands Pro and the Latitude. I ended up with the Latitude as I found the BLP just too heavy and, whilst the chest belt thingy helps take the weight, I felt that it would make me too hot in hot weather.

Anyway, having had the Latitude for 18 monts or so, I have never had any doubts that I made the right decision. The Latitude jacket and trousers have been fantastic and are really comfy. From what you have written, I cannot seee you being disappointed if you buy a Latitude suit as well

You might find both the Latitude and Badlands hard to find. We've been in touch with Klim and apparently the Latitude is undergoing a redesign and not due back in until the summer. We've opted for Overland kit for the China ride.

I tried both a Latitude and Badlands jacket - ended up buying a Badlands. There's more and better venting on the Badlands so in my view it would be cooler in the summer and I felt the body armour was better. I also felt the collar was too tall and stiff on the Latitude but no such problem on the Badlands. That's my tuppence worth.

I have an overland suit and it's really very good. Dry and wind resistant so it is reasonable even when it gets chilly. In really hot weather, keep the vents shut. I rode through Spain in 39+ temps in the overland. I found soaking the base layer and shutting the vents a really good way of keeping cool. Opening the vents allows the heat in and actually makes you hotter, not cooler!

The outer shell does get wet though, not like a rukka or twat suit, but wet nonetheless, which can be cool. The badlands I believe will not take on any water (owners please confirm if this is true). I do look at the badlands, but I am more than happy with the ease and lightness of the overland. Great suits whatever you choose.

Thanks all,

Andrés, I guess I had and hadn't, I focused on the two I tried on an was pretty much sold on.

I have pretty much done this one to death in my own head but still could not muster a decision. Both the Lattitude and Badlands are soon to become very scarce, hence me going for the Lattitude pants. I am a tall and there are no 34 tall left anywhere in the BL, Klim are out of stock and it looks like June before the updated version will be rolling out, but a pound to a pinch they will be back up to full price.

So I went with my head and ordered up the Lattitude jacket to go with the pants. Garry at ABW more than happy to take it back if the jacket is not for me. There are still a few BL jackets in shops and in stock if needs be.

I am over analytical at the best of times and it bloody annoys me. So when parting with £, I'm even worse. I have confidence that the Klim clothing is great stuff, there is enough testament to that page after page on here. I guess the extra £200 can go on some boots.

Oh shit, next conundrum :)

I allways take the view that if something is actually over engineered or will surpass my needs then thats the one i will get ! then my needs will be at least met and i wont be disapointed or let down !

I have the Badlands and bought it on thjose grounds. Yes the Lattitude would "do" but the Badlands would surpass !

As for boots Sidi Adventures - Oft imitated never bettered

Back
Top Bottom