Abus Granit Detecto X Plus 8077 disc lock

Billd

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I just got this Abus disc lock and quite like it. I realize many have little use for disc lock but I like it for the following reasons.

-appears to be very robust
-Yellow makes it hi vis
-can not forget it as soon as the bike is moved the alarm will go off
-uses two AAA batteries so easy to source and less change of having extended shelf life prior to use
-small in size so easy to pack
-very simple to use. Unlock, apply to front or rear disc and that's it. No buttons to push to arm or disarm. It is armed once it fits over disc and is closed up.
-if the bike is bumped accidently the alarm will go off for 15 seconds and then stops sounding but remains armed. If the bike continues to be moved the alarm stays on.
-blinks while armed on the disc and has a self diagnostic battery life feature that warns of low battery life.
-comes with small carrying case.
-researched it prior to buying, very good reviews.

Down side to this device
-a bit heavy to carry in pocket
-wish it was a bit louder, 100dbls. is it's output
-a bit expensive for me at 140 quid

I think bike security needs to be layered and multifaceted. I think this little disc lock offers one reasonably go layer of security.

Attachments

• IMG_0765.jpg
    IMG_0765.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 320
I use a disc lock if I'm travelling on holiday, better than nothing, who wants to cart a big lock & chain around, I've got one of those big ALMAX jobs, but there is no way I'm going to pack that away:)

Back
Top Bottom