Any of you lads up for a beer on Saturday next?

Aidan1150

Nice but unfortunate husband.
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Mandy and I will be across for the big match next Saturday week and hope to meet a few of you for a drink before we beat the tripe out of you on the pitch. :cool:

Indeed, so worried is your esteemed Moderator that he is buggering off to foreign shores rather than face up to the inevitability of the defeat. He said something about skiing but it's just a shitty excuse I reckon. :)

Which are the best bars to visit before and after the match please as this is our first visit to Cardiff? :beerjug: :beer: :jager

Unfortunately it will be rammed to the max in every bar in the city centre and Cardiff in General. Your best plan is recce a bar or ten on Friday evening and settle for the one you like best. Then Get to said bar early, 1100/1130 and stay there. Get a prime spot as it WILL get rammed. I take it you have a ticket, after the match do not linger in the stadium as you will not be able to get in any of the bars as 72000 will be leaving and its a mare to get through the streets to get to any bars. Never been to the Goat Major (Blue Bell as was) after the match. When the whistle goes get the feck outa there if you want a beer. Me??? I have had to cancel an off roading weekend to go my Brother in laws 40th, on the up side there will be a big screen and a 6 nations afternoon for the guys and baby sitting and cooking for the women folk. His birthday his choice, so will have to enjoy myself.
Oh by the way he's Engrish so it should be interesting.
Good luck and enjoy. And you must visit chip alley. At some point, just ask.
C'mon Wales :aidan:aidan:aidan:beerjug::D

Hi Aidan, you could try some of the bars down at Cardiff Bay, might loose some of the "Intimate" atmosphere of the city centre but at least you should get a beer.

After the England scandal "which I've transferred to the darkness at back of my mind somwhere" we stayed in the stadium and had a beer at the Gareth Edwards or Barry John bar I think it's called.

But that was a Friday evening match so people might have wanted to get away quick.

I'll have a Bombardino to celebrate your loss :)

Back
Top Bottom