Activities and Rideouts at Dent 2015

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So time is marching on.....

A few kind people have expressed a desire to help lead rides at the Great Dent event, so now's the time to step up to the plate:aidan

It's a most wonderful riding area with plenty of scenic opportunites, to ride your GS's

The whole of the Dales is on the doorstep, plus the Trough of Bowland, the Lake District isn't far and nor is the North Pennines and Weardale/Teesdale

I intend to lead a ride both on the Saturday and Sunday, for about 15 people ish - it will encompass Dentdale/Littondale/Wharfedale/Wensleydale and up into Swaledale etc, taking in Tan Hill etc - by way of a guide and I'll run it one way on the Sat and probably the other direction on the Sunday (I shall announce the exact ride details, in a separate thread later on)

It will be mainly on minor and B roads and will use the drop off system

Rich (MMM) will be leading walks

There are also opportunities for an offroad ride

So, i'm looking for more run leaders and anybody else who wants to pitch in.

Please express your desire here to lead a run and then start a separate thread, for your own run - all contained in the overall Dent thread section

More than happy to do the 21 dales route on the Saturday..Around 180 mls..Max I feel would be 12 riders,useing the drop off. If more than 12 wish to do it I'll do it again on the Sunday.

Steve

Walkies

I'm going to lead a walk on Saturday (unless it's chuffing it down) and will lead another on Sunday if required (subject to it chuffing it down). Walk one is planned for Whernside, walking from Dent on a nice round trip. Walk two's flexible.
I will be available to lead a ride - non dales…ish - to my favourite West Yorks snack stop on the Friday (possibly subject to it chuffing it down), which will involve narrow winding roads over moorland, a remote pub for lunch and, possibly, some pies!

I'm going to lead a walk on Saturday (unless it's chuffing it down) and will lead another on Sunday if required (subject to it chuffing it down). Walk one is planned for Whernside, walking from Dent on a nice round trip. Walk two's flexible.
I will be available to lead a ride - non dales…ish - to my favourite West Yorks snack stop on the Friday (possibly subject to it chuffing it down), which will involve narrow winding roads over moorland, a remote pub for lunch and, possibly, some pies!

Cheers Rich

'Gracie' and Miss Milly and misen hoping to be walking with you Rich ... but go easy on these new knees :D

:beerjug:

ride out

Hi Johnny,
Put my name down as willing to do a ride,
Was planning on quite a long one calling it the north of England tour.
Taking in Cumbria, Yorkshire, Lancashire, County Durham, Weardale, Teasdale, Northumberland
ana if time Scotland, Probably around 250 miles. But can make longer or shorter.
Would prefer riders who are happy to get a wriggle on.
A mate of mine will hopefully help me out.
I live local so if I can help in any other way just ask.
Paul.

Hi Johnny,
Taking in Cumbria, Yorkshire, Lancashire, County Durham, Weardale, Teasdale, Northumberland
ana if time Scotland, Probably around 250 miles. But can make longer or shorter.
Paul.

Hmmm…. You're not related to the late Gerry Huxtable by any chance are you?;):D

Hi Johnny,
Paul.

Just start a new thread, describing your ride and name it, put in this Dent 2015 section

Many thanks

Back
Top Bottom