21 Dales

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrinkleyowlie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As requested by JB...I'm more than happy to put on a run through the 21 dales on the Saturday..I feel around 12-15 riders using the drop off system would be enough.

The route is around 180mls and takes in the 21 dales that the national trust recognise as "The Dales" although I do believe it actually goes through 23 dales..should take between 4-5 hrs

The route takes us through some stunning scenery and some great roads,with a good mix of quick twisties and narrow gnarly bits.

I'll try and put the route up,but will prepare some laminated A4 copies to give to folks on the day.

I'm easy as to whether we stop for lunch or not and happy to go with the majority.

I suppose you put your name on this thread if you fancy the run.

Steve

sounds like a plan :thumb2

(there always has to be a stop for tea/coffee and cake or scones doesn't there? :D)

Last edited:
Sounds rather nice...pop Tom Thomas & myself on the list for the Saturday run (if there are 2 planned) please.....:D

can i have a pre mapped route please too…If you can do it in Garmin format even better ..

can i have a pre mapped route please too…If you can do it in Garmin format even better ..

Hi DC,

I'm fairly useless with techno stuff, but hopefully my good lady Joanne will be able to give me a hand.

It will be on Garmin Basecamp.

Steve

Thinking of stopping at 'Tan Hill' for lunch (Britain highest Inn)

Thinking of stopping at 'Tan Hill' for lunch (Britain highest Inn)

is it worth letting the Tan Hill know we will be arriving if there are a few of us turning up and expecting to get fed in a timely fashion and then back on the road again?
just a thought.
Telephone: (01833) 628 246

Gammon egg an chips for me :rolleyes:

is it worth letting the Tan Hill know we will be arriving if there are a few of us turning up and expecting to get fed in a timely fashion and then back on the road again?
just a thought.
Telephone: (01833) 628 246

Gammon egg an chips for me :rolleyes:

Already spoken to them,and they're quite happy for me to let them know before hand so as they can have something ready for us. Although I was thinking that sandwiches and chips might be easiest. I'll sort something out.

Steve

Is it done yet?

:)

It's done on Basecamp. Sadly I'm fairly useless with computers, and Joanne has spent some time trying to upload it onto here but without success.

I'm not saying I can, but I may be able to e,mail it to someone if they can transfer it ?

Steve

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom