Yamaha Tracer demo ride......

I demo'd one a few weeks ago and found it to be about what everyone here has said; great motor, comfortable riding position, with very nice handling and brakes, and surprisingly good wind protection w/o buffeting with the shield at low. It did have just a bit of snatchy throttle especially in A mode, and the suspension was a little harsh on bad pavement but overall I was impressed with the bike. The salesman saw me smiling when I got off and worked up what I thought was a fair price. When I told him I'd think it over he said the red one I was looking over (I thought it was a new one) was actually used with 400 miles and he'd make a better deal on that one. Long story short I bought it.
First things I did were to remove most of the throttle cable slack and lighten the rear spring preload one notch which made a nice improvement. Seat is in high position and shield in low and normally standard mode but I sometimes bump it to B when I'll be in stop and go traffic. It now has about 1,700 miles and it's running noticeably better and smoother and the suspension actually feels better, like it's lost some of the stiction it had early on. I already had a set of soft bags but I bought Yamaha soft luggage stays which are pretty slick. Once installed they are quick release, but on they prevent soft bags from tucking inward toward the wheel. Bags are expanded out in this picture and along with a Drybag across the rear seat can hold everything needed for a camping ride. One unexpected surprise is how good the lights are on this bike, the headlights and also tail and brake lights are very bright.

Back
Top Bottom