Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: dent ride

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by paul nicholls View Post
    Eaux quantraux Rodney, sound like you could been fun to splash in in the mud with.
    Yeah .... he'd make a splash alright
    Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I'm up for that, I'll be trying to get a few shots on the camera, so the shorter route might allow that, count me in

QUOTE=paul nicholls;4074916]Not many takers so far, so in an attempt to drum up business .
    I was out the other day to measure distances etc and came across some
    belting roads so have decided to modify my route.
    Now, the route still takes in Yorkshire, Teasdale, Weardale, Northumberland and Cumbria.
    All on the most scenic roads the area has to offer.
    Some single lanes over high and remote areas which are mostly traffic free.
    Some really fast stretches with amazing and challenging twisties and stretches where 40mph will seem fast.
    There is a ford, lead mines, Hadrians Wall and an optional 5mile stretch of great offroadness
    The off road is easy and if dry is fine for road tyres,
    However, It is not compulsory for every one to do it, just take the road and meet at the other end.
    So if you fancy a challenging route made for the GS this is it.
    I've reduced the distance to about 150 miles (ish) to allow time to savour the scenery and cake.
    I'm not too worried on numbers, but in order to make it worth while, do at least need some!
    In order to make your decision easier I'm willing to do it on the Saturday or Sunday or both if enough interest.
    In the interest of health and safety a chaotic form of the drop off system involving us all getting lost and confused and a tail end Andy will be used.
    All cafes and cake stops have been tested thoroughly in advance and have all passed the test with top marks.
    Paul.[/QUOTE]

Nice one, some great picture opportunities for you.

Signed up with JB for the Saturday but I fancy this on Sunday if you do it.

I'm still on for the weekend, just not too sure when I have to leave and return home. (I hope to get Sunday off work, but won't know 'till much nearer the time ..). So could be up for this ...

(Or it could be a ride out with Micky - sat relentlessly on his rear mudguard giving him the bird in his mirrors .... )

Ummmmmmmm ......

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    I'm still on for the weekend, just not too sure when I have to leave and return home. (I hope to get Sunday off work, but won't know 'till much nearer the time ..). So could be up for this ...

(Or it could be a ride out with Micky - sat relentlessly on his rear mudguard giving him the bird in his mirrors .... )

Ummmmmmmm ......
    Depending upon your plans, I'm heading home reasonably early on the Sunday cos I'm playing rugby @ Twickenham on the Monday....so will be drinking Carlton LA on Sat night
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    Or it could be a ride out with Micky - sat relentlessly on his rear mudguard giving him the bird in his mirrors ....

Ummmmmmmm ......
    Mmmmmmmmmight be in the VW camper Giles, got a lot of stuff to take up
    Probably off walking with MountainMan and mi dawg

Mind you I could borrow Sue's 650 Xcountry but I don't want to be having to wait for ya's now

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Bugger, not sure where to put my name (or even if its already down on another ride). I'll have Hugo the dog with me so we don't do spirited anymore but we do progressive and smooth. Less harsh braking allowed...He dips too far forward otherwise!. Last week we did Fish Hill ?(COUTC- Twisty) quite briskly and he didn't say a word. Guess there will be time to decide on the Fri night?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Just wondering Is the ride on for Sat, or is it to still be confirmed Ta

Quote Originally Posted by haditlowered View Post
    Just wondering Is the ride on for Sat, or is it to still be confirmed Ta
    Just read Paul's post on the Dent thread that he's not coming but can still do the ride, - didn't realise that when i posted.

Dent.

Hello boys and girls.
    Im off with the family the week leading up to Dent so thought I'd let you know the plan.
    My mate and I will be at the Campsite at around 9am with a 10ish departure, returning to Dent for 5pm (ish)
    We will be riding over some of the highest remotest roads in the north.
    Passing through all of the Northern counties, some optional offroad.
    So if you don't fancy one of the mass rideouts here you have an alternative.
    I will be on a black 1200gsa my mate on a yellow 1150gs.
    Just come and find us on the day.
    Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by haditlowered View Post
    Just read Paul's post on the Dent thread that he's not coming but can still do the ride, - didn't realise that when i posted.
    Just to clarify,
    I'm not camping, but still 100% offering the ride. Can do both the Saturday and Sunday.

I'm still up for this on Sunday if you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I'm still up for this on Sunday if you do it.
    ok. your in.

if your not too concerned that i might be a liability after my latest foray to Dent - I'm up for this one.

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

and if were passing i would like to stop off in Hawes to get some Wensleydale Cheese..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast