Into '80's Jap. Classics..? ~

The only thing that makes those classics are rose coloured specs :thumb2

They look like new, I'd love a Katana

Own one, had it since 1984, I had a Speer seat unit lined up from Germany but cancelled when I realised that you have to cut the rear of the seat frame rails.

They look like new, I'd love a Katana

Katana and Gpz Turbo are nice and still quick/comfortable enough for Long days in the saddle.

One of those fecking Boldor CB900s nearly killed me. The handling was very iffy for the amount of power going through the skinny back tyres.

The Katana and GPz 1100 would do me looking for something similar at minute picked this up few weeks ago

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 509
I keep saying it, BUT, I really AM going to have one more two stroke before I'm done.....

As I'm not sure when THAT will be, I need to get my finger out.......:thumb

That's about where I was when I saw this one :beerjug:

One of those fecking Boldor CB900s nearly killed me. The handling was very iffy for the amount of power going through the skinny back tyres.

I had a CB900 ( such a tiny bike compared to modern bikes )
Loved it until you had to stop or go round a bend, but then most 70s / 80s bikes were the same and I had many.......
But would be happy to have those in my garage today...

My CB900 (just over 30k on the clock) gave up on me when I wound it up on an early morning blast. Long straight private:green gri road, throttle on the stop, very loud metalic clunk. Game over for engine.

Feckin cam chain made by meccano.:(

Some lovely bikes there.

I think a GPz1100 could be a load of fun, and if I see the right GPz900 I'd be tempted right now.

I've always liked the looks of the CB900F2 but following Rob's remarks I'm not so sure!

An older bike can be every bit as engaging to ride as a modern one, it's just a different experience.

Some lovely bikes there.

I think a GPz1100 could be a load of fun, and if I see the right GPz900 I'd be tempted right now.

I've always liked the looks of the CB900F2 but following Rob's remarks I'm not so sure!

An older bike can be every bit as engaging to ride as a modern one, it's just a different experience.

Clean original Gpz1100 Unitracs are as rare as hen's teeth now (mine is at the Bristol Classic show in Feb, I haven't seen another original one for years now in the UK). Gpz900s and CB900s can still be had for reasonably prices.
FJ1100/1200 Yams raised the performance/handling stakes by a country mile when they were introduced and good ones are still cheap if you buy carefully.

Some lovely bikes there.

Back when I was a (much) younger man, trundling round on my CX500, I always wanted one of the faired red and white CB900F2Bs. I used to look longingly at one in the window of the local Honda dealer, but other priorities took care of any spare, and not so spare, cash. Fast forward a lot of years and I have a red and white F2C, bought this time last year. Long story, but I didn't get it on the road until September. It's definitely a different riding experience. Particularly 1980s brakes which I don't recall being like that, but overall a really enjoyable ride.

Back
Top Bottom