Tiger 800XC x just got one!

MartinDT

Reaction score
I made some personal history yesterday by taking delivery of my Tiger 800XC x and returning to the Triumph brand after 34 years and a long list of Hondas. I bought my previous Triumph in 1971. It was a T100R Daytona 500 and my first BIG bike.
I’ve done just over 140 miles on the Tiger today and whilst I was sticking to the compulsory maximum 5,000 rpm and 70 mph running-in process I did choose some of the twistiest B roads that Wales could offer. This made 70 mph a challenge to achieve. This bike is absolutely amazing, what a fantastic all rounder. Probably my best ever bike for the kind of riding I do. Suspension gives a “magic carpet” ride over dodgy tarmac. Weather protection with larger screen good and wind noise minimal.
Must get the running-in over and done with quickly so I’m off to North Wales next week followed by the first service and then Picos mountains in Northern Spain. Looking forward to a long riding season on this wonderful bike. If you are tempted to buy one then get to your dealer and test ride one.
MartinDT :rob

Sounds like your loving it, the Pico's and Northern Spain are amazing, did them last year, a fantastic trip.
Enjoy your new toy

Great bike, I rode a buddies 2013 bike and it was spot on.
A perfect balance of weight and performance.

Now done just over 1,000 miles and enjoying 1,000 smiles. Wonderful bike, super smooth over dodgy tarmac and now that I can use up to 8,000 rpm discovering that she's a bit quick too. Off to Northern Spain next week and the weather looks good -more smiles coming up, can't wait.

2 mates have had the 800 XC, and have been delighted with it....enjoy Spain, you'll have a blast....:D

I've had one for about 6 months now. Very pleased with it so far and am looking forward to getting away on it. Vowed I wouldn't spend loads of money on this one and failed miserably :blast

I've had mine for a month now and have done 3,000 miles. Just came back from a 10 day trip the Northern Spain/Portugal where I encountered plenty of snow in the Picos mountains. This is a seriously good bike and is certainly in the premier league of it's price group (£10,000). Excellent as a tourer and can definitely hold it's own when the tarmac runs out too. For it's 95hp it's a fast bike, especially in Sport mode which invites aggressive riding and rewards generously in the mountain passes. Very pleased with my purchase and can highly recommend for touring. I think the XCx makes for the better bike choice based on it's high quality suspension soaking up all nasty road surfaces and still delivering very good cornering ability.

I had an XC when they first came out in 2011, and that was a good bike. The latest version looks even better.:thumb

Also liking the look of these. Reviews looking favourable as well. It is probably going to my replacement for the gs when the time comes.

Two Up
Any of you Tiger 800 riders done much two up touring...is there enough room for two (not fatties) and does the engine cope with two and full luggage OK?
Don't want a T1200, too heavy.
Cheers
Harry

Two Up
Any of you Tiger 800 riders done much two up touring...is there enough room for two (not fatties) and does the engine cope with two and full luggage OK?
Don't want a T1200, too heavy.
Cheers
Harry

Short answer - 'yes'! Have a look and a search on www.tiger800.co.uk - question has been covered a few times IIRC. :thumb

Traded my very well sorted 700 transalp for a 63 plate Tiger 800 on new years eve 8k full history very clean bike top box, front spots, heated grips, and sump guard this is my 3rd one I think they are a great bike, Well I did till the gearbox went tits up on new years day !!
it looks like the selector spring another well covered item discussed on the 800 tiger site

Went back to the dealers yesterday hoping it will be done by the end of the week !! its not a problem that it happened im glad I was only 2 miles from home , its the way its sorted that leaves the impression and Triumph have all ways seemed to be very customer orientated so im not really expecting any grief !! hope I havnt spoken too soon !!

Some good news although my bike was road registered on the 5/12/13 it was registered to a dealer as a courtesy bike and was sold on the 30th of June 2014 to its first owner with only 60 miles on it as such the Triumph warranty started on that date so the warranty is still valid till 30th of June 2016

Well happy the bike is now in Triumph being fully checked over and hopefully will be back for the weekend (fingers Crossed) :thumb

Let us know how you get on. My son wants one of these when he gets his A1 licence in March so all feed back is welcome .

Back
Top Bottom