Tiger 800XC x just got one!

I've got a 62 plate roadie which now has 14k miles on it. Nice bike, but fancy a change, normally keep a bike 2 years.
On the look out for possibly a 12R.

Ok collected the tiger 800 last night all good rode the 60 miles home and the gearbox feels correct now, took it to work today and the same its all good, well happy now, they also did an oil and filter change for me as requested free of charge so that was good since its been back its had
Bar Risers
Alarm
Fender extender
Crash bars
Night breaker bulbs
Additional Power socket
Tank Pad
O2 eliminator
15 tooth front sprocket

pretty much all the bits ive been receiving since the bike has been away LOL
anyway well happy with the bike, just got the end can and knobblies left to fit
Rob

Well having sold my 2014 R1200GSA I am picking up a brand new Tiger 800 XCX on Saturday :D

Fancied something lighter and more nimble and my local dealer Pidcocks are knocking £1,200 off meaning the XCX is costing me £8,999 which is great value compared to the new Africa Twin ;)

Looking forward to it :beerjug:

Just 2 more sleeps and I can pick up my new bike in the middle of the coming artic freeze :blast

superb looking bike Paul bet you cant wait, Ive backed my one unfortunately as it wasn't playing ball, went for a Brand new KTM 690 Enduro R
so will have a few bits for sale soon only Std bits though
Rob

Cheers Rob

Sorry yours did not work out.

Only really after side cases a the moment - Holan Normadas are looking favourite at the moment ;)

TRIUMPH TIGER 800 XCA NEW BIKE

HI ,i have just changed my 2014 gs for a triumph tiger xca last week ,done 300 miles and i am loving it ,was a bit aprehensive coming from the last 5 years on1200 gs models,but really pleased ,suspension great gearbox you can change without the fear of clunking,handling great overhaul a good package ,a lot lighter and at the moment,:thumb2 cannot find any bad points :rob
george

HI ,i have just changed my 2014 gs for a triumph tiger xca last week ,done 300 miles and i am loving it ,was a bit aprehensive coming from the last 5 years on1200 gs models,but really pleased ,suspension great gearbox you can change without the fear of clunking,handling great overhaul a good package ,a lot lighter and at the moment,:thumb2 cannot find any bad points :rob
george

..............and you can actually read the speedo to see how fast you are going :D

Good to see someone else enjoying the change :beerjug:

george

I rode 1 for a day with trail quest and thought it was a very well sorted bike, though as a bike for me I didn't want the off road capability so tried the XRx which I thought was not in the same class due to it's poorer (IMO) suspension. The only slightly negative thing abut the XC (again IMO) are the tubed tyres which are a sod to fix if you get a puncture and there's limited tyre choice if you want more road orientated rubber. But as a dual purpose on/off road bike it's hard to beat.

Paul S , great looking bike. I rented one in San Diego for a few days and covered 2000 miles. Compared to the 1200 and 800 GS I found ....
* Amazing free revving Triumph engine, just how a motorbike should be!
* Lots of heat comes off the engine and literally cooks your legs ( yes this could be a benefit in the uk!)
* Crappy/Unsatisfactory switchgear , panniers, wind protection.
* Dealers/Clothing/whole "package" ( imho) a few years behind the fantastic BMW dealers
I came close to buying one , but the BMW interest rates were just 2 % , Triumph 9% , (and I'm also fed up of lubing chains!)

Paul S , great looking bike. I rented one in San Diego for a few days and covered 2000 miles. Compared to the 1200 and 800 GS I found ....
* Amazing free revving Triumph engine, just how a motorbike should be!
* Lots of heat comes off the engine and literally cooks your legs ( yes this could be a benefit in the uk!)
* Crappy/Unsatisfactory switchgear , panniers, wind protection.
* Dealers/Clothing/whole "package" ( imho) a few years behind the fantastic BMW dealers
I came close to buying one , but the BMW interest rates were just 2 % , Triumph 9% , (and I'm also fed up of lubing chains!)

Well picked it up today and all good so far :D:D

• Engine good - agreed :D
  • Heat off engine - not that I noticed today :augie
  • Switch gear - no issues so far, panniers - going for Holans, screen - got a Puig on order :thumb
  • Dealer/Cloathing/whole package - my dealer good as any - never wear BM/Triumph clothing ;)
  • Will be fitting a Scottoiler so no issue lubing chains :)

This bike is a great package and is just so light compared to the 1200GS/A's - just a fun bike which will also do big distances :beerjug:

I rode 1 for a day with trail quest and thought it was a very well sorted bike, though as a bike for me I didn't want the off road capability so tried the XRx which I thought was not in the same class due to it's poorer (IMO) suspension. The only slightly negative thing abut the XC (again IMO) are the tubed tyres which are a sod to fix if you get a puncture and there's limited tyre choice if you want more road orientated rubber. But as a dual purpose on/off road bike it's hard to beat.

As I said in another thread just carry a can of this:

There is even room under the seat :thumb

Looks lovely Paul wish you well to use it mate, I didn't have any of the issues the op spoke about and as far as dealers Id say the Triumph guys have left BMW in the dark ages, their warranty dept is simply 2nd to none they do not try to wriggle out of everything like BMW, rest assured Paul the bike will serve you well, speak to Triumph as they are now just about to start an extended warranty plan which will be good
Rob:thumb

Rob

Enjoy the KTM - had a 690SMR for a couple of years and it was great fun :D

So nearly went for one of these put ended up with the 12. Loved the bike during the couple of hour test ride. Engine is amazing, rides brill, good handler, even sounds great...remind me why I didn't buy one?

So nearly went for one of these put ended up with the 12. Loved the bike during the couple of hour test ride. Engine is amazing, rides brill, good handler, even sounds great...remind me why I didn't buy one?

Cannot help you there :augie

.........thing is there are not really any "bad" bikes these days just ones that do things a bit differently to others. Could never understand why some folks have to continually slag off one brand/model of bike compared to another - just enjoy what you ride ;)

Be careful mate Carl Fogarty is about to nick your new bike!!!

Back
Top Bottom