MT09 Tracer with Giannelli exhaust system

wessie

Reaction score
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fE7vVEgCwWg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Maker's website

How much ?

Ive just ordered the Akra

59f24e871452b7d185fdd3172d7e5585.jpg

Gonna need a re-map as well, should make a huge difference though.

Gonna need a re-map as well, should make a huge difference though.

The akra is road legal and Yamaha sell it as an accessory , although slightly rebranded so I guess it'll just bolt on

That's gonna sound soooo nice :bow:green gri

I think youre right.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mDcBByBgzTY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

From what I can see, a catalytic convertor is an option on the full Akrapovič system on the MT09. If you're going the de-cat route, then I suspect that a remap will be desirable at the very least, in order to get the best out of the engine. On the other hand, if might be fairly essential to stop the bike running too lean and burning out exhaust valves. Only a dyno run to check the AFR's will tell.

From what I can see, a catalytic convertor is an option on the full Akrapovič system on the MT09. If you're going the de-cat route, then I suspect that a remap will be desirable at the very least, in order to get the best out of the engine. On the other hand, if might be fairly essential to stop the bike running too lean and burning out exhaust valves. Only a dyno run to check the AFR's will tell.

On the road legal version , the cat is just an insert into the silencer .

I take it a power commander with the correct map would solve the problem ?

I was told by Yamaha dealer that CAT is necessary to keep Warranty on bike.

I was told by Yamaha dealer that CAT is necessary to keep Warranty on bike.

I'm sure the dealer is correct , but yamaha sell the full road legal akrapovic system as approved by themselves , but without the cat ???? :nenau . There is no mention of any correction to the fueling either and your warranty is intact by fitting the system according to the sellers of the exhaust .

This is the quote from Yama bits about the cat insert
"Akrapovic Catalytic Converter - Street Legal
Mounting hardware: Included in package
This is required to make the exhaust EC Homologated
This is a non Yamaha branded product, fully developed and produced by Akrapovič."

Suitable for the following models:

X-Max 125 '13, '14
X-Max 250 '13, '14
MT-07 '14
MT-09 '14
XV950 '14
XV950R '14

when I was asking for pricing dealer told me that I need to include CAT as well. It is listed on accessories page on their website now.

when I was asking for pricing dealer told me that I need to include CAT as well. It is listed on accessories page on their website now.

Yes I've seen that now . I've emailed yamaha to see what they say .

You can get one cheap from here - http://www.emlineamoto.com/en/s-y9r3-haft.html

I had my Akra can on GS LC from them for 200 quid less than BMW was asking! Last time I checked they had also CAT inserts as well, but I can see that price has gone up a bit as it was 717 euro before so all in was for £802 including UK delivery!

even Akra says:

"EC type-approval is valid only when optional catalytic converter is installed."

Back
Top Bottom