4 corners UK, charity challenge for NW blood bikes and Together Trust

haydw

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Following on from ianran's RBLR thread, myself and Mrs Haydw have accepted a challenge that a couple of mates that are RBLR past masters have thrown at us. We have done long rides before but nowhere near this. We are covering the 4 corners of the UK on the 13th of June. We are starting from John O Groats, then to Lowestoft, then St David's and finishing at Lands End, and aiming to do the 1410+ mile trip in less than 24 hours. I love a challenge, however this one is a real belter of one I could not turn down.

Have a look at www.justgiving.com/teams/4corners

I did that, four years ago.:beerjug:

If you want to do the true four points, they are Lowestoft, Dunnet Head, St David's, and Lizard Point.:rob:thumb

The most westerly point in mainland uk is Ardnamurchan on the Scottish Coast. Dunnet head is the most northerly. The most southerly is near to Lizard point with Lizard village being the most southerly village. For the east coast it's Ness Point in Lowestoft. Lands end and John O'Groats are the furthest apart points in mainland uk.

You might find this of help ?

UK 4 CORNERS RIDE

Visit the 4 corners of the UK in 36 hours. This ride has been recognised by the IBA as a certified ride since it was first completed in April 2008 by John Phillipson on a Honda NTV650. The Corners are as follows:

Land's End, England
St. Davids, Wales
John O'Groats, Scotland
Lowestoft, England
Note you don't necessarily have to do an End to End ride as part of this, do the 4 Corners in any order you wish. The ride has more than eight options to complete. The route is around 1400-1900 miles depending upon your starting point, as follows:

Anti clockwise

Start John O'Groats, end Lowestoft 1,475 miles
Start St David's, end John O'Groats 1,550 miles
Start Land's End, end St David's 1,896 miles
Start Lowestoft, end Land's End 1,778 miles
Clockwise

Start John O'Groats, end St David's 1,535 miles
Start Lowestoft, end John O'Groats 1,475 miles
Start Land's end Lowestoft 1,763 miles
Start St David's, end Land's End 1,882 miles
There are more options for this ride which will all be looked at. As long as all 4 corners are visited in the time allowed, go whichever way you wish.

UK 4 CORNERS Gold RIDE

Visit the 4 corners of the UK in 24 hours

This ride requires a successful completion of a SaddleSore or Bun Burner ride.

Note: TWO witnesses needed at the start and finish.

Complete official IBA Rules at: www.ironbutt.com/ridecerts/

....that's the one we are doing, the IBA recognised one. I know technically they are not the real 4 corners, but it's close enough and it's about the challenge. I can't wait.

....that's the one we are doing, the IBA recognised one. I know technically they are not the real 4 corners, but it's close enough and it's about the challenge. I can't wait.

Good luck :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom