Tomtom Rider 400

I'll be interested to see if it is still possible to load multiple routes in an itinerary list, the newer T T car models do not have such an option which ruled them out for me.

'Round-trip Planning

PC Route Planning
Pre-plan a tour before leaving home.

Route Sharing

My Routes: Store and access your favourite routes on your device'

Is that what you mean?

Possibly, the V5 Rider just calls it 'Itinerary' planning................

I watched a video of it being demo'd at a show and it appears to have an audio out lead on the mount , I hope this is right, no more bloody useless BT connections.

Can Tom Tom units be loaded with the free mapping available online and tracks supplied by other riders?

The only mapping I have loaded has been TTs own updates associated with the LM unit. You can upload tracks supplied by others if they are converted to itn format.(I do this via TYRE)

The only mapping I have loaded has been TTs own updates associated with the LM unit. You can upload tracks supplied by others if they are converted to itn format.(I do this via TYRE)

Thank you sir :)

Pairing with a mobile?

My current Tomtom has the facility to pair my mobile to it along with my helmet Bluetooth. Does anyone know if the same can be done on the new Tomtom 400 please?

Is there any problems with the new Tt?

Cheers

Graham

Yes it can be paired with a mobile (iphone paired ok) .

The biggest issue with the 400 , imo, is that you cannot mark a waypoint as 'visited' should you miss it for whatever reason. This has been raised on their forum by many buyers and we hope there will be a software update to resolve this.
(At present, if you miss a wp you have to delete all wps up to that point for the 400 to recalculate the route from where you are. It does sound a pain in the arse but it can be done reasonably quickly.)

The 400 is quicker at loading an route recalculation than my V5 is, and I like the route bar at the side of the map showing distance to petrol stations / waypoints.

looks like a few other issues as well, not that it bothers me but incoming calls only, you cant pair it with a phone and MAKE calls, and the route planning is only up loadable by taking sd card out and putting it in a computer, the usb connection is only for TT updates not for anything else apparently no way to Bluetooth data either. Also have been told that with the waypoints you actually have to go OVER the waypoint, so if waypoint is say in a car park and you drive past on the road, it wont show as having gone through the point and wont re route.

Also have been told that with the waypoints you actually have to go OVER the waypoint, so if waypoint is say in a car park and you drive past on the road, it wont show as having gone through the point and wont re route.

I thought this was the case with older TomTom units too. A problem that could be solved by adopting Garmin's method of ignoring a missed waypoint after a certain time limit and passing you on to the next one. It's quite a pain having to delete waypoints that have been positioned off the road.

Yes , you have to be very careful with your wp positioning on the route, but that has always been the case with TT gps.

Yes , you have to be very careful with your wp positioning on the route, but that has always been the case with TT gps.

I would have thought by this time though they could have fixed it? I have to say having had a good close look at one, I am not keen on it, lots of really nice design features on the hardware, the mount etc, but the software is dogs dinner, we got button holed by the TT salesman/rep/whatever whilst outside of Louis in Germany a couple of weeks ago, and he was trying to explain how it was better than the Garmin units on all of the 6 bikes we had turned up with. No list of poi anymore if you want a petrol station you have to type out petrol, which I suppose is ok off the bike but when you want a station in a hurry then just jabbing at icons on a screen was far easier, add that to the fact that his unit froze up whilst trying to pinch and zoom, something else I am not sure about on a bike? poor bloke just couldn't get it to work right.

Back
Top Bottom