Garmin Maps update

The British Isles and selected parts of Europe will fit.
Are you trying to download the whole of Europe, UK, Ireland, etc, on to the 4GB card - as if so, then it certainly won't fit. It was never designed to fit, as such.

Garmin's intention is that you select the areas/countries you frequently use for download only onto the 4GB card.
If you plan an adventure in some other European state, then re-adjust the target downloads.

To recap, there's no point downloading countries and European States you never ride/drive in...

HTH :thumby:

The 2015 updates are the first that you can't fit all Europe on a 4gb card prior to that all Europe would fit and for the sake of a fiver for a larger card I'd rather just update the whole lot in one go.

Dave

The 2015 updates are the first that you can't fit all Europe on a 4gb card prior to that all Europe would fit and for the sake of a fiver for a larger card I'd rather just update the whole lot in one go.
Dave

Cheers for the info. :thumby:
Strange, though, as I've never managed to squeeze all UK & EU onto a 4GB card. Maybe too much other junk on it, too.
As you can see I'm talking off the top of my head, as I haven't done the update yet - just had more pressing things to deal with.
:beerjug:

I have 32GB card in my 660, so have enough room for maps, music, pictures and most of the internet! :D

It works fine.

If you want to save yourself downloading again on multiple devices use http://www.javawa.nl/gmtk_en.html. I use it as I have 3 machines to update. I download and install the maps on one machine then use the above program to copy them to the other 2.

That's a mighty fine idea that I should have though of for myself seeing as I've already got GMTK from when I used OSM on a 2610.

I've checked and I have a 8GB card, I've uninstalled and reinstalled Garmin Express again and I'm still having the same issue :confused:

I guess I'll have to pluck up the courage to contact Garmin support again...........................

Andres

I've checked and I have a 8GB card, I've uninstalled and reinstalled Garmin Express again and I'm still having the same issue :confused:

I guess I'll have to pluck up the courage to contact Garmin support again...........................

Andres

Mine worked on my 8gb and 16gb cards although I had to delete some music off the 8gb card as it was just over 4gb, once I did that it worked fine! So I now have a copy if one of the cards fails.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dave

Which is what I did ....swapped to a 16gb card, updated, and it all seems to be OK....rant and tantrum over....still going to use motogoloco for route planning though..

I had a look on my 8GB card and there seems to be nothing there but Garmin files (i.e. no music, pictures etc) - I'll buy a new (bigger) card anyway and see if that solves it........

Andres

Andres

I can't get everything on a 8GB card.

I also tried to be selective by adding the countries I'm going to be in but it only seems to let you install one region. I installed UK, then went back to install central Europe and it got rid of UK!

Probably easier just to get a bigger card.

my 350lm would not update when I selected device and computer. I updated the computer first then updated the gps. All good now. This was on a mac with yosemite and garmin express. I have an 8g micro sd card and was able to update with all maps.

my Nuvi 765T updated seamlessly and to the computer as well (running XP no less!). All in 1 go onto my 8gb card. Have checked I can navigate to france and the map versions are correct. So no bother for me. Kerching for once!

I have had no map update success yet despite several reboots and reconnects and I'm only achieving 1KB/sec download on a speedtest.net tested 15.7 MB/sec service. Really pi**ed with this poor performance.
Anyhow the ability to download to device AND computer is still there but easy to overlook, its not intuitive:
1)Do not press install : look for view details:
i-sTQGtg8-M.png

2) Then select as below:
i-FW9cnL2-M.png

3) Finally select Install

Your device and Basecamp will then have the latest maps.....IN THEORY :barf

Try what I did. Install onto computer first. If that works, then install onto gps. I couldn't get the install to device and computer to work, it kept hanging.

Try what I did. Install onto computer first. If that works, then install onto gps. I couldn't get the install to device and computer to work, it kept hanging.
My understanding is that if you do that, you do not get 3D mapping or lane assist or something important for the device, perhaps someone can clarify this :nenau
My repeated stall of the update process is also making my laptop fry my lower regions and shows a cpu usage of 186.0%. I don't know how that's possible

Try downloading to the computer only, then use basecamps' "maps tab" to update your satnav.
Works well on my 550 and you get a much finer control of the areas you want to load.
Plus there is an indication along the bottom I think, of how much memory the current selection
needs.

Steve

Steve, the 550 does not have lane assist or some of the 3d views and I do not believe that you can transfer the necessary files from Basecamp's maps

I have had no map update success yet despite several reboots and reconnects and I'm only achieving 1KB/sec download on a speedtest.net tested 15.7 MB/sec service. Really pi**ed with this poor performance.
Anyhow the ability to download to device AND computer is still there but easy to overlook, its not intuitive:
1)Do not press install : look for view details:
i-sTQGtg8-M.png

2) Then select as below:
i-FW9cnL2-M.png

3) Finally select Install

Your device and Basecamp will then have the latest maps.....IN THEORY :barf
The install to computer and device will only stay there until the device is successfully updated then it will disappear. Garmin state this on the release notes on their website for the new version. I've also checked - both options were there but after a successful device update they don't show up anymore, unlike in the previous version.

Here is the quote from the Garmin website:

"NOTE: maps cannot currently be installed to the computer if the map update has already been successfully installed to the device. This feature is only available on the initial installation attempt."

Basecamp., two Nuvis and one Nav V successfully updated this evening and quick with no problems. Bizarre but I'm getting 20mb/sec downloads tonight .

Back
Top Bottom