K1300 GT . Where to find model updates between 2009 and 2010

adventuredon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am trying to look into what the differences are between the 2009 1300 GT and a 2010 or later GT. Apart from resale prices and availability of these bikes, anyone know where I can go and compare? My research is throwing up more reviews and adverts than info. Is a 2009 vastly different? Less improved? I know when I rode a 1200GT the first gear was tough and clunky, the heat was easy to feel on the thigh and it just wasn't as smooth between gears as say a Pan. Pulled like a train though!

So, 1300 is on a list but whats the difference between 09 and a 10 plate?
cheers all

I have a 2010 EE model and I believe the differences are small apart from the colours, I wanted the candy apple red from 2009 but settled for the grey EE model.

1st gear can still be clunky but I usually start her up while in gear then short shift into 2nd and nobody notices. With regular use and more miles everything gets better, smoothness, the gearchange. I don't feel the heat on the 1300 much (there are vents in the fairing). More importantly, make sure there is a fender extender on the front mudguard as the rad needs to be cleaned of crud regularly (I do mine every 6000 miles).

Mike

I did 25000 miles on the 1200 and the gearchange was manky.
I tested a 1300 and it was no better.
Other than that a great bike.

Back
Top Bottom