Inflatable matresses

Is there no chance they have noted failures & modified the fabric to avoid future issues?

Datsuns were shit once ... but got their act together eventually!

No, they're made in China given a 5 yr warranty then fail :D

I've returned 4 in the past 10 yrs or so.

For what it's worth, I don't hold a lot of faith in mine either .. maybe a bit more in the Megamat?

Always got my shorty Thermarest as backup.

An ultra cheap one from Decathlon, about £10/12? Really comfy, even for my weight, back and tossing and turning habits, they are full single bed size, so a biggish tent is needed. Also have a double, for the two of us, is as good or better than many French hotel beds.

Current one has lasted for quite a few years now. Only had one that went down, which got replaced next day (all transactions in France).

They have an inflation valve, so at a push you could do it by mouth over time, but I have an electric pump. The whole valve unscrews, so deflating is very rapid.

Cheap enough to just dump to save carting it back from the sunny south instead of wine.
I had a thermarest but found the noise far too loud when I squirmed - maybe the fabric is different now.

If I was much younger I would have a closer look at one of the exped ones.

An ultra cheap one from Decathlon, about £10/12? Really comfy, even for my weight, back and tossing and turning habits, they are full single bed size, so a biggish tent is needed. Also have a double, for the two of us, is as good or better than many French hotel beds.

Current one has lasted for quite a few years now. Only had one that went down, which got replaced next day (all transactions in France).

They have an inflation valve, so at a push you could do it by mouth over time, but I have an electric pump. The whole valve unscrews, so deflating is very rapid.

Cheap enough to just dump to save carting it back from the sunny south instead of wine.
I had a thermarest but found the noise far too loud when I squirmed - maybe the fabric is different now.

If I was much younger I would have a closer look at one of the exped ones.

The noise was'nt the mat, it was you, at that age where involuntary noises raise their head with every movement. :D

Just sorting out my gear for an Easter trip, and would appear it's my Thermarest that's made in China ... and the Exped is hand crafted in the small Swiss town of Taiwan. :D

Just sorting out my gear for an Easter trip, and would appear it's my Thermarest that's made in China ... and the Exped is hand crafted in the small Swiss town of Taiwan. :D

:D

The new Thermarest I have was made in Ireland :aidan

Exped for me, great comfy nights sleep and packs small enough. Better than the bivvy bag with no mat I was using before!

And I've just realised this is a whole year old... oops!

Still exped!!!!!!!

exped....great warranty....you will need it....load of over priced crap....maybe i am too fat at 100kg on a good day but 3 have let me down

loz

Back
Top Bottom