Now the bloody wife wants to learn ..... Feck ....

Make sure you post the video on here :thumb

Well She's given me duff info, It's not this Sunday, it's next Sunday. I mean ... if she can't even get the date right, how's she gonna learn to back it into a corner and then loft her front wheel over that fallen tree branch .... :nenau

Well She's given me duff info, It's not this Sunday, it's next Sunday. I mean ... if she can't even get the date right, how's she gonna learn to back it into a corner and then loft her front wheel over that fallen tree branch .... :nenau

She's making excuses already. It's definitely a wind up!:p

If she want to join you on the trails don't forget to mention the bruises :fiddle

IMGP0179-XL.jpg

Soooooo ....

(And before I start ... I blame Mellors for all this, 'Cos Rosy has got wind of the fact that he and Angie go out trail riding together ... :blast)

So Rosy has suddenly decided she'd like to get, at the very least, a CBT and a little off road bike. She's a country girl and in her day was a very good (like semi pro) three day eventer. And to give her her due, when we got together I 'taught' her mountain biking and was amazed at her natural 'look where you want to go and throw yer heart at it' ability. 'It's just like riding a horse' she'd say as she went careering into a downhill bend with me behind holding my breath ... So fair one - she does seem to take to things like this pretty naturally ...

So to that extent, I'd be happier with her bimbling down a by-way on a 125 than I would her being on the road with a wet left hander and oncoming traffic. That really turns my blood cold.

But ... Shes only about 5'2'' and her legs are about 9'' long.

Sooooooo ....

What bikes are a good (low) beginners off roader ?? Any of you instructors (Mellors I'm looking at you here .. ) had any women in the same predicament ?

She may just settle with L-Plates, she may go on and do the full monty and get a full licence, not sure yet.

The end game is something like, two bikes, trailer, Salisbury plain in the summer, pic nic, flask .... and a days bimble on the simple fire roads ....

Fucking great ..... :rolleyes:
Does she still have A swallow coat?

Definitely booked for next (not this) Sunday.

Actually, if I'm really honest, I'm pretty cool with the idea. Obviously there needs to be boundaries :)D) like, 'No ... it's a blokes thing and you aint coming ...', but the idea of the occasional put put put around some lanes and by-ways with a pic nic, a flask and the missus quite appeals. :thumb2

(Tim, she's a clumsy bitch, she can't even get out of bed in the middle of the night with out ... BANG ... walking into the post at the foot of the bed .... Spacial awareness ?? Absolutely non existent.... :D)

There will be some new do's and don'ts :D

mud%20%282%29-XL.jpg

But she'll keep smiling.

mud%20%281%29-XL.jpg

AND she'll get scared :D

P1040579-X2.jpg

:rolleyes:

P1040577-X2.jpg

Of course she'll want some sexy new clothes
P1050204-XL.jpg

Oh and she'll need spare socks
P1040875-X2.jpg

Definitely booked for next (not this) Sunday.

Actually, if I'm really honest, I'm pretty cool with the idea. Obviously there needs to be boundaries :)D) like, 'No ... it's a blokes thing and you aint coming ...', but the idea of the occasional put put put around some lanes and by-ways with a pic nic, a flask and the missus quite appeals. :thumb2

(Tim, she's a clumsy bitch, she can't even get out of bed in the middle of the night with out ... BANG ... walking into the post at the foot of the bed .... Spacial awareness ?? Absolutely non existent.... :D)

Aww, come on now Giles, admit it, you're just scared she'll be quicker and/or better than you :D:D:D

Go girl!:thumb

Just think of the positives. If she gets a bike you can practice your rim scratching/tyre changing on her wheels before trying it out on your own. :thumb

From what I've heard, Giles is the best rim scratcher in Kent.

Then again, that's only according to Wobbin :augie

I have been given my orders ... 'I'm doing this on my own...' !!
I can almost hear that - and the tone of voice it was said in ... :eek
While i'm sure you have some choice words of wisdom to say to Her,
I just wouldn't recommend saying them out loud mate! ;)

~~
DAMHIK :duck:

Giles, Julie had a go on my old TLR200 in early 90s , that was it she was hooked. Bought a Honda 100 2 stroke part 1 test(then) , rode for 6 months took and passed part 2 . Moved onto a lovely Honda CB 500 . Put 20,000 miles on it, road two up with camping gear and youngest daughter all over UK. Traded in for BMW F650gs in 2001 (only blue will do) factory lowered suspension. This to do European camping trips with our daughters. We have had so many memorable times out together on the bikes. To see her ride so well is a joy . Nothing to prove, has impressed many riding friends especially when entering zee corners, she doesn't brake:eek: no she has planned it guys slow in ,right gear, quick out. Quick , safe and a joy to ride with.

Enjoy your journeys together :beerjug:

Good for both of you two ... That's a nice tale ...

Have I missed another thread?

How did it turn out?

Well i'm sure he was supportive.
Or at least he certainly wouldn't stand in her way ... :augie :eek:

We were teased into what had the potential of an epic tale :augie and now have been left hanging :nenau There is already a orange girls bike sitting in the shed waiting to be used :D

With any luck, Giles managed to put her off.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom