Now the bloody wife wants to learn ..... Feck ....

Giles

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Soooooo ....

(And before I start ... I blame Mellors for all this, 'Cos Rosy has got wind of the fact that he and Angie go out trail riding together ... :blast)

So Rosy has suddenly decided she'd like to get, at the very least, a CBT and a little off road bike. She's a country girl and in her day was a very good (like semi pro) three day eventer. And to give her her due, when we got together I 'taught' her mountain biking and was amazed at her natural 'look where you want to go and throw yer heart at it' ability. 'It's just like riding a horse' she'd say as she went careering into a downhill bend with me behind holding my breath ... So fair one - she does seem to take to things like this pretty naturally ...

So to that extent, I'd be happier with her bimbling down a by-way on a 125 than I would her being on the road with a wet left hander and oncoming traffic. That really turns my blood cold.

But ... Shes only about 5'2'' and her legs are about 9'' long.

Sooooooo ....

What bikes are a good (low) beginners off roader ?? Any of you instructors (Mellors I'm looking at you here .. ) had any women in the same predicament ?

She may just settle with L-Plates, she may go on and do the full monty and get a full licence, not sure yet.

The end game is something like, two bikes, trailer, Salisbury plain in the summer, pic nic, flask .... and a days bimble on the simple fire roads ....

Fucking great ..... :rolleyes:

It could be worse I thought she may want you to teach her photography :blast at least it's only to learn to ride and rumour has it you know little about that :D

She's not having my bloody shed ...!!!!

(Googling serrow as we speak...)

Get a Serrow for yourself and give her the 1190.

Anyway I see everyone's suggesting the Serrow which would be great if she'd passed her test but she can only ride a 125 with a cbt..... As if you didn't know.....

Last edited:
Its gonna get seriously expensive for you.....

Lessons £
125 £££
Bigger bike £££££
New riding kit ££
A different bike coz she's a woman and doesn't like the first one ££££££
A road bike when she realises (a) that off road is hard work and (b) most of the time there's nobody swooning over that fact that she's a woman and rides that huge big bike. ££££££££
Levers, footrests, panels, 'bars, indicators etc to replace the damaged ones following the inevitable drops ££
medication for you as you watch her career around oblivious to the dangers and perils of riding a bike £
Two of everything whenever you go on the bike, and don't believe she will be fobbed with anything of lesser quality than yu have for you or your bike. Farkles x 2 gets expensive ££££££

Then she will suddenly declare she doesnt like bikes any more, they will sit in the garage unused for a year before you sell at a swingeing loss.

Trust me, I have been through all this and have the debts to prove it.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oDp_JCV6Jv0?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:blast

I think i've unlocked it .... :nenau

That's a funny vid....but you are a lucky man so take the financial hit and take the pain by being one :D

My wife watched that, and said this is a wind up.

I hope for your sake, it is.:comfort:D

Mate ... she has never been more serious ....... :rolleyes:

She's even sent off the inquiry email to the local training school for her hours free lesson ....

Back
Top Bottom