wiring Road Angel BIke Trac to 2014 1200gs

obliquepanic

Reaction score
I've just bought a 2014 1200gs TE yesterday!. I want to fit the Road Angel Bike Trac that I've taken off my old 1200gsa. It needs a connection to the battery - not difficult - and a third connection to a wire that is live when the ignition is on. On the old bike I took it from the auxiliary power socket under the seat but on the new bike I'm not sure. There are two sets of wires that run on either side under the pillion seat, I presume one for the rear light and the other for the brake light? Does anyone know which is which? Also on each connection one wire is brown the other blue - is brown live - as in home wiring? Any other advice for this job welcome.

I've just bought a 2014 1200gs TE yesterday!. I want to fit the Road Angel Bike Trac that I've taken off my old 1200gsa. It needs a connection to the battery - not difficult - and a third connection to a wire that is live when the ignition is on. On the old bike I took it from the auxiliary power socket under the seat but on the new bike I'm not sure. There are two sets of wires that run on either side under the pillion seat, I presume one for the rear light and the other for the brake light? Does anyone know which is which? Also on each connection one wire is brown the other blue - is brown live - as in home wiring? Any other advice for this job welcome.

Under the riders seat at the right hand side front, right by the body work, are to fuses. One on them is ignition live, the other is always live. If you tap into the wire there you will achieve that you want.

Under the riders seat at the right hand side front, right by the body work, are to fuses. One on them is ignition live, the other is always live. If you tap into the wire there you will achieve that you want.

thanks for this. Is there a way of telling which is which? - by looking I mean rather than with a multimeter? thanks

thanks for this. Is there a way of telling which is which? - by looking I mean rather than with a multimeter? thanks

If you have a multimeter it is easy to find out which is the ignition live one, if not let me know and I will do it for you.
Can't PM you as you are not a subscriber.
SMB

Edit
The manual tells you what each fuse does, I think you can work it out from there.
SMB

The 7.5 amp fuse under the riders seat is live for around one minute after the ignition is switched off.

I used a piggy back fuse to get a connection for DLR's.

Back
Top Bottom