Password

Paul Wakefield

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just curious. My firewall has just reported that my computer has been requested that a password be transmitted to this site. The password is nothing to do with my login settings. Any ideas?

Paul

It's looking for the cookie that is on your PC containing the username and password that you used to sign up to the Forums.

R's
Paul

It's looking for the cookie that is on your PC containing the username and password that you used to sign up to the Forums.

I just looked at the cookies and I noted, with relief, that the userid is numeric and the password is obscured/encrypted.

Can you go into any depth on the level or type of encryption used?

Regards,

Mike

Paul

Why hasn't it done it before? Also, as far as I can (albeit dimly) recall, I've never used that particular password on this forum.

Paul

I moved the Forums Sunday evening and since then there seems to be a aproblem with certain ISP's that use Proxy Servers to allow their customers access to the Internet. The worst culprits seem to be AOL, NTL FSnet and BT. Once their cached files are refreshed it should resolve the situation.

Paul when you signed up you provided a password which is encrypted in the cookie so you wont be able to read it... not too sure what the encryption level is but it is only there to ensure it is only you that posts using your username.

I'm having to enter my username/password on every visit at the moment

I am at Cardiff Uni using a poxy server - very shite. Get problems with Egg secure site too.

Back
Top Bottom