Peak n Lake District with a nice slice of Yorkshire on the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redrick, JB and Harry are all quite right. :thumb ....the Peak District is shite. 50 mph limits as opposed to 60 mph speed limits everywhere else (ffs's) ruins it for us all :rolleyes: The roads, as they say are chokka as we are surrounded by the massively populated Metropolises of Sheffield, Barnsley, Holmfirth, Derby, Macclesfield and Manchester and Baslow...it's a fair nightmare owd dook, I can tell you. Only last Thursday, during the Easter holidays too :blast more fool us, a 200 mile bimble from Matlock around the Peaks as far as the northern wastes of Holmfirth and back was a nightmare as we saw several cars and at least another three motorcycles during the 12 hours out there.

As for visiting Castleton and other well known honeypots at optimum honeypot visiting times, well, surprisingly then, you deserve what you fekkin get. :blast

As for the speed cameras, err there's a half dozen or so in the places you'd expect in the Peaks...they use them to catch kids and fekkwits.

As JB says, he hasn't been there for yonks cos it's shite :blast ( I can't really work that one out :aidan)

Stay away. :thumby:

Well said that man, shit load of good runs without heavy traffic.

And redrick when the fuck did we last do the peak district at 50mph FFS

Sent using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the advice and hints. :beerjug:

The trip is now set in Bowder stone I will be prepared for the worst come rain or shine and due to many mentioning, I'm going to pack a few long waits just in case. :beerjug:

For my brother in law he has never been to the Lake District before, I figure you should go at least once maybe twice :green gri

For me my one and only time to date was a coach trip, circa hot summer of 1976. School geography trip based in Keswick went as far north as Carlisle. The most terrifying thing was to be awoken by a fellow student screaming in the night :eek: it was an asthma attack so we was told :nenau. I did think we had the plague at one point. It was so hot we had drank all of our cresta and other pop. One of our teachers asked a local man if we could drink from the streams :nod on this endorsement we all filled our empty cans and guzzled in the splendid cool fresh natural water :blast, the next day on the coach in mid transit the first started the chain reaction.:barf

(if you can imagine a scenario like the aeroplane meals coming out in mid-flight and when the cacophony of the foil ripping off then the aroma of blended foods hits your nostrils)

Not many was spared I will never forget the day :barf :( Later we saw the culprits :rolleyes:, the herd of cows up stream just standing there going about their natural business. :blast

I figure this trip will be better than a good day at work and much improved on my last visit, we are stopping at Mint cake central for a few nights at the end of the month anyone around let me know, thanks Austin and Micky for your kind offers, if your around :D I only drink bottled water these days and some beer what is the Beer like up that way. :nenau Don’t try any of those meet me at Wigan pier tricks.

Look out for a grey F8 and a bonny stuck behind a convoy of coaches in a 50 :blast give us a slow nod

Watch this space …… :thumb2:D

Err every time officer ......

We get off the main roads and you have loads of nice little national speed limit twisty roads to play on, and nice scenery, it is a bit of a faff getting from the peaks to the dales though!

Sent using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom