Hard wire Tom Tom rider?

Bryn

Mod Squad
Reaction score
As I'm getting somewhat frustrated with the lifetime map updates on my 660... 32gb card installed and I'm on my 3rd attempt do get the maps :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of the TT rider v5 as a new purchase ... Does it connect to an Autocon system the same as the zumo cradle does?

I'm happy to plug in and don't want bluetooth :thumb

Thanks

Bryn, dont know the answer to your question but had same issue as yourself with Zumo 660 and 32g card.
Garmin express needed an update then all went seamlessly:thumby:.

Thanks for the reply.... 4th time lucky and it seems to have installed correctly :thumb

Can't see why Garmin seem to have so many issues with their mapping :rolleyes:

You might consider the many benefits of using OSM maps on your Garmin. I usually get mine here http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/

Routable maps, now as good and often better than Garmin maps and I like the appearance of the maps more than Garmin. You just drag the downloaded file onto your SD card and away you go (after telling your device which maps to use of course).

Bryn
I use a TomTom Rider V5 with a Touratech lockable mount on my 2010 R1200GSA. The power lead plugs straight into the canbus GPS power socket that is just behind/below the headlight assembly and switches on and off with the ignition.
I swapped my 660 in for the TomTom after being left stranded by the Garmin countless times whilst touring in Spain and haven't looked back since. The Rider works particularly well in conjunction with the Tyre routing software which is so much better than the crappy Garmin BaseCamp software.

And no, it cannot be hard wired to an Autocom...........although the V5 is a good unit but I have always used TomToms.

Bryn
I use a TomTom Rider V5 with a Touratech lockable mount on my 2010 R1200GSA. The power lead plugs straight into the canbus GPS power socket that is just behind/below the headlight assembly and switches on and off with the ignition.
I swapped my 660 in for the TomTom after being left stranded by the Garmin countless times whilst touring in Spain and haven't looked back since. The Rider works particularly well in conjunction with the Tyre routing software which is so much better than the crappy Garmin BaseCamp software.
The new TomTom Rider is now available.

Thanks again for the info folks :thumb2

I'll see how I get on with the 32gb card installed ( it is reported to speed up route calculations)

If I'm still not happy I'll try the open street maps suggested. If I can't use Autocom with the TT V it will be a no go ;)

Do they have an option for audio out connection to an intercom?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom