Dubrovnik To Bari ferry.

dirtybiker

Master Craftsman
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi.
Four of us ( 3 GS's and a V-Strom ) are doing a doing a trip down through Croatia in mid June and am looking to get this ferry from Dubrovnik to Bari in Italy.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience with this service. Just a bit concerned re booking in advance as we are not sure exactly when we would be getting there. Also is it best to get a cabin or just crash out on deck etc!

Anyone's experiances would be an insight!

Cheers.

DB

Check and see if you can book through Direct Ferries who I have used in the past and have found to be very helpful. A quick phonecall should get an answer to your query.

HTH

Check and see if you can book through Direct Ferries who I have used in the past and have found to be very helpful. A quick phonecall should get an answer to your query.

HTH
Thanks, will have a butchers at them.
Ta

I recently booked through direct ferries from Bari to Dubrovnik, they took the money and afterwards could not confirm the booking as they couldn't get confirmation from the ferry operator, I then spent a day calling them trying to get a refund which I eventually did.

It looks like its a bad move to book in advance, from where i'm standing anyway, I will turn up and take my chances.

I recently booked through direct ferries from Bari to Dubrovnik, they took the money and afterwards could not confirm the booking as they couldn't get confirmation from the ferry operator, I then spent a day calling them trying to get a refund which I eventually did.

It looks like its a bad move to book in advance, from where i'm standing anyway, I will turn up and take my chances.

Hmmmmm, think just turning up maybe the best option!
Thanks all.
DB

enjoy the trip,
Hopefully the ferry has changed since we went eight years ago.That was an old UK ferry.
Be prepared ha.
we turned up expecting to buy a ticket and get straight on ,
but they said no room for two more bikes.So wouldn't issue a ticket.:blast
not a big problem except,
it was a Tuesday eve ferry and the next one was Thursday :D:blast

So we rode up the road and saw some apartments to rent,as we pulled up the owner came out and sorted out a place to park and accommodation.:thumby:

I think it was holiday season for the Italians, the ferry we were on was packed full,
we had a cabin, good job we did as there wasn't much floor space and the deck was full of chatty Italian women and noisy hungry kids .
oh and the ferry ran out of food and closed the kitchen ,so we had our wine and nibbles that we had brought with us:clap
So perhaps we should have gone and booked it earlier in the day instead of enjoying the honeymoon.
On a plus side Still we had two nights extra in the area which was a bonus.

I've just come Bari to Bar which isn't exactly the same but you could check to see if it's the same operator. Bar is just down the coast from Dubrovnik.
A week ago the voyage was mainly empty so yours might well be too, as it's off season.
The sailing is all night so, being older, we took a cabin but we could have chosen any of hundreds of empty loungers.
I'd definitely recommend our one so if Dub's no good, slip down to Bar.

Back
Top Bottom