With the Dent Do nearly upon us went up for a Loook

(RIP) andrewgsadv

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had made me pack up, done all me pre ride checks, filled up wi that there super petrol
departing Sheffield at 8.30am MPG 58.6 on Big Gerts trip advisor at 70mph on A1
10 deg C and climbing mist burning off, moderate traffic,

The idea is to run up to Dent to reacquaint mesen with the place before the upcoming weekend. Only ever ridden through in either direction, never stayed over.
Took me map and satnag to find a little road that leaves toward Deepdale and Ingleton. Had sorted a run from there on old familiar roads. Having ridden round twice found the gated road I wanted and off I go. An oncoming tourist driving way too fast forces me into hedgebottom and mud , stationary I feel an impact and my bars shudder. I look over my shoulder to see him stop and get out, here we go road rage incedent methinks, he looks sheepish picks up his now broken mirror glass and slinks off. Good job or I might have had to offer him some counselling support. I remember Micky saying watch out for tourists and locals driving too fast, hes right you know.:rob

Only 3 or 4 gates but most uphill , had big gert in gear easy on the clutch, at this point you think if this goes over ,, then fek all that get on with it lad.

Well Micky and JB what a top spot you have chosen for the Great Dent Do. :bow
Everywhere you look theres Hills and Sheep (note to self , remember your wellies) theres Lambs too,,,,,,,,,,stop that line of thought its too Savellesque. Give me an owed experienced Ewe any day.:D

Have a spot of Tiffin from me man bag sat near a babbling brook now 17 deg C . Try out some photo crappery.

This is one where I fell over trying to get an odd angle and shutter fired, see Giles that’s how to do it.:D

Then onward round to Hawes, Horton in whatsits Arnside Kettlewell,Horse House,Wensley slowly working me way back to A1 for the cruise home. Back just before 4pm. Lovely day, really looking forward to the Dent Do now.

A few pics most on the move.

The bottom pic looks like the B6255 with the Ribble Head viaduct in the distance. Great road and nice on the move pic.:thumb2

Well Micky and JB what a top spot you have chosen for the Great Dent Do. :bow

Good one Andrew :thumb

Told you about the locals and their driving :D

Tourists not usually a problem ... they're very timid on them thar roads :eek:

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom