What happened to the monthly meets?

BOBAD

Reaction score
What happened to the monthly meets that used to take place for GS owners in a pub carpark near Knutsford some time ago?

Do they still happen or have they moved somewhere else?

If so, where and when?

If not, why did they stop?

It was very well attended on the only time I ever went there.

Can't remember the name of the pub or the exit number of the motorway junction!

Cheers, Bob

:blast:blast:blast

Ever heard the phrase 'couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery', well apply it liberally :D

Y
What happened to the monthly meets that used to take place for GS owners in a pub carpark near Knutsford some time ago?

Do they still happen or have they moved somewhere else?

If so, where and when?

If not, why did they stop?

It was very well attended on the only time I ever went there.

Can't remember the name of the pub or the exit number of the motorway junction!

Cheers, Bob

The Windmill at junction 19 of the M6.

The guy that used to 'organise' them , and I use that term very loosely , became a dad , disappeared of the scene for ages and stopped 'making' everyone go. No great loss as he was a bit of a tit anyway who never paid his food bill :augie

Thanks for the reply Rushy; was it replaced by anywhere else or do people just not bother meeting up anymore?

Thanks for the reply Rushy; was it replaced by anywhere else or do people just not bother meeting up anymore?

A bit of both I think. Look for posts in here by Earthmover & Timolgra. They often suggest a meet up in a couple of different pubs just East of Chester .

A bit of both I think. Look for posts in here by Earthmover & Timolgra. They often suggest a meet up in a couple of different pubs just East of Chester .

I think the Cheshire Cat on the A41 just outside of Chester was one of the pubs. This rings a bell because I use this road regularly.

No, I think you'll find Flipfly put it most succinctly. It became a little embarrassing when there were only two or three off us turning up, then my G/F ended up working late on a Tuesday so it just died off.
Anyone who wants to step into the breach, fill yer boots. :D
Mark

Instead of anybody having to organize a new meet, how about those of us who are interested in a weekly hook-up joining up to an established watering hole?

I'll nominate The Scotch Piper in Lydiate L31 4HD on Wednesday nights around 7,30 pm.

Would there be any interest from fellow tossers in this?

????????????

I may be interested but can't always be there at 19:30 and it depends what time the wife gets in from work As she works in Manchester the traffic is wank at the best of times.

Jason

The Scotch Piper is a general bike meet every Wednesday evening. It get's very busy and not much room to sit around and have a chat. Just a thought...

The Scotch Piper is a general bike meet every Wednesday evening. It get's very busy and not much room to sit around and have a chat. Just a thought...

Agreed, and its where all the nutters/boy racers go. Virtually all sports bikes. I went once and was the only GS rider there.

So, because those naughty nutters / boyracers go there, it's a pass then.

Yes, you are probably right - far better to have a meeting in a pub with no bikes around at all, and no GS owners either, because there is nobody to "organiuze" it.

Well done.

By the way, there is plenty of room at The Scotch Piper for GS owners to chat and mixing with the naughty nutters is not compulsory.........the common denominator is that it is motorcycle-friendly and is established.

There is nothing to organise. "chief".

As I've already pointed out, it is an established biker hang-out and all it takes is for a few GS owners to turn up and voila, there you have it.

I'll be going tomorrow (Wednesday) night if anybody else is interested - see you there.....

You resemble that Rushy.

Y

The Windmill at junction 19 of the M6.

The guy that used to 'organise' them , and I use that term very loosely , became a dad , disappeared of the scene for ages and stopped 'making' everyone go. No great loss as he was a bit of a tit anyway who never paid his food bill :augie

Wondered where that Tosser went.
Still owes me for his Pie and Chips.

I've found that most of the bike meets by me (Midlands) usually racers or cruisers. Never seen another GS'er. So I stopped going.

I'm guessing if your like me you'd rather be out riding the thing than sitting around talking about riding it.

That said, a stop for an all day breakfast never goes amiss.

For us southern nancies there's a popular bike night at The Iron Horse Ranchhouse in Peterborough on Thursday Nights. The owner/proprietor is a decentl bloke. It's an American themed Bar & Grill that do decent grub and decent ale. They also have an onsite burger van if sitting down and eating is not your thing or there's a good fish & chip shop if you prefer. You'll probably find me there most weeks on either my F800GS or the GTR1400 (soon to be 2015 GSA LC)... there is another GSA rider who frequents but I don't think he's a tosser. You'll see a diverse range of bikes but probably mostly cruisers. Facebook page here.

2 High street
Peterborough
South Lincolnshire
PE6 8EB
52.674738, -0.316075

10421489_930993340292745_3235692985055490260_n.jpg

11082493_928944837164262_1769406964741288553_n.jpg

11136659_928961883829224_7766382544527108351_n.jpg

Yes, a great shame as I would be up to a regular meeting. I have just returned to the North West from Germany, so would be keen to meet some fellow Tossers

(Currently in southwest Manchester, but soon moving to Chester)

Nantwich

I am returning to the UK next month and after getting the 1150GSA registered, will be looking to meet up with a few for a drink.
Preference for country lane pubs with real ale :beer: and good pub grub.

Back
Top Bottom