Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Basecamp and Nav 5.......... My way .............

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post
    Well this is the detail I get from Basecamp using the Basecamp map. I can't even see B roads.
    And yes I understand what you say about the 2 working together. It's just that I find other programs a damn sight easier to use.
    Zoom in !!

Regardless of whether or not you can see the B roads they are there and basecamp will use them to plot your route from A to B if you have the routing set right in the first place. I would suggest that shortest route would be the option to achieve this
    Just a Prospect at the moment

So, I'm trying to plan a route, and so far so good, however, when I try dragging the route to avoid a town or village, thats when it all goes wobbly, and ends up going up a road, then back on itself! Then I try dragging the route back, and it's all gone wrong. I can click Undo, but can't seem to get round this problem. Any ideas?

I have zoomed in, zoomed in as far as it will let me. The map in question is "Global Map" without connecting my Zumo I don't have anything other than this & the OSM map.
    I have full European maps on my device but unless I carry it with me and connect it to my PC at home or work I can't use them.
    Out on the floor - K.T.F.

I have zoomed in, zoomed in as far as it will let me. The map in question is "Global Map" without connecting my Zumo I don't have anything other than this & the OSM map.
    Ok this is what i get with about 75% zoom and seems to be the approx same area in basecamp
    Attached Images Attached Images  

the Global map is not the mapping you need to use mate you need this one

Or if you use the OS overlay you can have this much detail with less zoom which I think you will agree is more than you will ever need for a bike trip

This is Basecamp BTW

Yes but I can't get it loaded on my PC unless the 660 is connected, once I disconnect the map disappears.

I plot very specific routes, often using single track roads over the moors.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty GSER View Post
    So, I'm trying to plan a route, and so far so good, however, when I try dragging the route to avoid a town or village, thats when it all goes wobbly, and ends up going up a road, then back on itself! Then I try dragging the route back, and it's all gone wrong. I can click Undo, but can't seem to get round this problem. Any ideas?
    User error Rich

Try dragging it in smaller bites

There is a map detail tool to adjust the level of detail click View tab > toolbars > detail level. this can affect your PC CPU depending on how old your PC is.

Yes but I can't get it loaded on my PC unless the 660 is connected, once I disconnect the map disappears.

I plot very specific routes, often using single track roads over the moors.
    That is because you have the correct maps on the Zummo but not the PC so basecamp defaults to the device maps
    I assume that you have Garmin express and life time maps

Connect your Zummo to the PC and Garmin express will open and inform you of any updates etc
    Down load the maps to the device and PC seperately ( in the Advanced options)

You do need those maps on basecamp if you want to get any where with this

Are you sure that if you click on maps in basecamp you don't have the option of the city nav maps ??

Just connected Garmin and it now gives me the option to add the maps to my PC. Not an option that appeared last time I connected it.

Just connected Garmin and it now gives me the option to add the maps to my PC. Not an option that appeared last time I connected it.
    All is well !

The option is always there-being Garmin you have to go to advanced settings or some such you then have choices as to what to update.

John
    Still misbehaving.

Just my two pence worth, I've always found that if a route takes me up a road and back down again there is either a rogue shaping point or way point, or the point has been placed slightly off route. Zoom right in and check where the points are.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by The Grey One View Post
    The option is always there-being Garmin you have to go to advanced settings or some such you then have choices as to what to update.

John
    John

Going back to the question of re calculate. These are the settings i use on my Mac book but the same applies to my PC. I do not have the Nav unit to hand but these may help and mine does work well with these settings.

Vrsg60 well that looks odd are you sure you have your detail set to above medium and are you sure you are viewing the actual map, go to the top left and ensure your map is selected in the drop down menue if using mapsource and if basecamp go to maps and select your map. below are th resu;ts i get for the same area using either mapsource or basecamp, check make sure you have map selected and map detail.

looks like you are now sorted it took me to long to post this someone else answered.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast