Donnie's Rideout Routes

donnie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I thought I'd stick a few ride out routes up now the weather getting better. I did this one last weekend with a few other guys. It's a nice run from Baldock to Saffron Walden, Linton and back to St Neots with a coffee stop at the Gog Magog Farm shop & cafe.

Route file is an itn file.

BMT%2BR002%2BGog%2BMagog.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4efmvhb2c40e55a/BMT R002 Gog Magog.itn?dl=0

Donnie:thumb2

Hey, thanks for posting up this route.

Did part of it - Baldock to Abington to join A11, on a trip from Luton back up into Norfolk.

Slowish today Baldock to Wendens Ambo, quite a bit of traffic early afternoon, surprisingly.

Good route though.

Thanks.

No worries. Usually very little traffic through that part. :nenau

I've attached a route for a weekend run up to the north Norfolk coast. It goes out through north Essex and Suffolk before getting to Norfolk. I did this run a couple of weeks ago with a few other guys. I have to say, it's a cracking route, particularly the Essex and Suffolk stretches. Lot's of twisty roads but none to narrow.

It's about a 6 hour ride ending in Burnham Deepdale where there's a great hostel although you need to stay for two nights on a weekend now :blast
We stayed in the YHA at Sherringham as I was doing a budget trip.

The run back is also a belter. The first stretch is a bit dull, past Kings Lynn to Spalding, but once you hit the A151 at Bourne, it's a fantastic route.

Donnie :thumb2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ef3vlkjl8mzz55r/Norfolk Weekend Route.zip?dl=0

Gw8frmSX2ohP7Ltt5R4xAD2M1N7u1Hg52mJ-Nd8OFqg=w1364-h964-no

Gw8frmSX2ohP7Ltt5R4xAD2M1N7u1Hg52mJ-Nd8OFqg=w1364-h964-no

Agreed Oundle, Corby, etc round to Spalding is good.

I would probably have turned right either at Long Sutton, or a bit further on, at the roundabout just before the Sutton 'Bridge' (takes you right alongside the river), dropped down to Wisbech (bit of buggering about clearing the town centre), then Emneth, Outwell, Downham Market, across to Swaffham (via Crimplesham, Fincham) (at the top of the rise outside Fincham good over look of the runway at RAF Marham - good if flying is on).
Turn East onto the A47, 2nd exit off at Swaffham onto the A1065 Castle Acre road. Now that's a nice few miles, good swooping bends.
A few miles past the B1145 cross roads, head left into the Raynhams (Home of Bloodhound missiles in the cold war), through a series of single track lanes to Tattersett (ex RAF Sculthorpe on the right) to use the B1454and B1155 to Burnham.

Just an alternative you understand.:D

Back
Top Bottom