Removal of abs servo

husky

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a garage etc that will remove the servo on a 1200gs my abs has packed in and I can't afford the £1000 asking price to get it replaced I live in the south Durham area

I'm in the same situation but for my version2 ABS need the pump's electronics for speedometer/odometer. Pumps can be reconditioned of £325 with lifetime warranty

I believe that motorworks do some sort of electrics bypass kit to sort out the speedo problem. They were advertising an R1200 gt (rhine Barge) for sale which they had removed the evo brake system from and presumably sorted out the abs on. It may not be exactly the same as a GS but the principle and some of the parts will probably be the same.??
Good luck with it, Centurion

Have a similar fault with the ABS on my 2004 bike. There was a guy on ebay offering a rebuild, but when I enquired, he didn't rebuild the iABS units. I have also been in contact with rhelectronics in Germany about a rebuild. I have what they class as an AM1 unit. Stripped the unit off the bike today and had a little scout around. It appears to me that one of the pressure relief valves is a bit sticky. Any ideas where I can get one of these cheap before I send unit off for an expensive rebuild?

Back
Top Bottom