Who's order XR 1000 S

How many different XR's did you test ride, or was it just the one from one dealer?

I met guys from Gilford, and they both test rode XR from Vines ( I believe). I asked them what were their impressions and they both came up with vibrations at 5krpms without me even bringing my thoughts on it first!

I cancelled mine today. Met few people on ferry on my way back from Spain and they rode XR as well. We all experienced significant vibration at 5-5.5krpms which is not seen on R and RR...it looks like it's not that simple to make another bike from R/RR.

I too experienced the vibes on a bike that had covered 1250 miles, are the vibes being transmitted via the exhaust ! The routing and end can are somewhat different and I've experienced vibes before from changing exhaust systems.

I did ask BMW head tech steve bellars if he could thro any light as to why the bikes had significant vibes, he got my email but rudely fails to respond ! And it seems to be the only complaint (vibe issue) across the forums, but it's being widely spoken about.

I was also told the other day, the first batch of bikes may come without panniers rails due to issues at the factory and they will be fitted FOC in late August.

I just hope it's not another fook up by BMW, I've got some 700+ mile days home and not being able to feel my hands/fingers ain't what i call fun.

I met guys from Gilford, and they both test rode XR from Vines ( I believe). I asked them what were their impressions and they both came up with vibrations at 5krpms without me even bringing my thoughts on it first!

A few have mentioned the vibes, but if I was going to buy one of these, I would PERSONALLY go to two or three dealers and ride some DIFFERENT bikes. Cancelling the order seems a bit extreme. There's a few guys in the U.S. that have taken delivery of their bikes; they aren't mentioning any vibes, and are more than happy with their bikes.

I paid my deposit at the start of the month, with delivery at the end of July. :beerjug:

I didn't experience any noticeable vibes on the demo bike I tried.

All good!

The count down of sleeps to go will begin again soon I suppose......it will make a change from all the hilltop threads (at least for a little while). I'm not jealous, honest!

The count down of sleeps to go will begin again soon I suppose......it will make a change from all the hilltop threads (at least for a little while). I'm not jealous, honest!

I've got one more sleep until I wake up tomorrow.:D

I sold my GSA back in Feb and have brought a 1999 Honda VTR 1000 to tie me over my XR arrives mid July. I can't wait it looks like it is going to be a cracking bit of kit.

Terry

Whilst I was collecting this today for my XR
750c277b50be9a72b0e2be6b56fc6062.jpg

I also ordered a pair of racing red panniers - tinted screen - HP levers - HP rear sets and HP pillion pegs, BMW no how to charge for anything HP stamped .

Is that the original thats been painted because it looks tons better than the plain black plastic recycled bucket.

Who did it ?

Whilst I was collecting this today for my XR
750c277b50be9a72b0e2be6b56fc6062.jpg

I also ordered a pair of racing red panniers - tinted screen - HP levers - HP rear sets and HP pillion pegs, BMW no how to charge for anything HP stamped .

Blimey Dave, you don't even know if you're going to like the bike yet!:D

I saw one of these today at the BMW dealer here in Houston in White and it looked really nice. I sat on it and it could have been a GS as the riding position was so good. Its one of te nicest looking bikes out there (imho) but there again I really like the look of the 1200GS as well. Cost in the US is approx 20,000 dollars plus about 1500-2000 tax and fees so all in all about 14500UKP not sure how much they are back home but would think about the same. All the other bikes out here are far cheaper than back home.

Enjoy your bikes for those picking them up soon.

AndyT:thumb2

Went to Alan Jeffries today for a look see. Never seen a dealer so big, loads of bikes and full of customers. Bikes are selling themselves it would seem.

Walked out 1hr later having ordered a lowered S1000XR SE in white. Delivery in March 2016 as none available before the end of this year now following the launch.

Re: the colour, missus says red but I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom