Tiger 800 XRx test ride

Simian73

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Took an 800 XRx for a test ride today, fitted with rider modes, different mapping, cruise control, comfort seat and arrow pipe. Thought it was a bit strange at first as the seat was on its high position and I am only a shorty at 5'8" so felt like you where on top of it. Incredibly light throttle compared to my 1150 gs which made things a bit jerky at first. After a few miles I stopped to lower the seat, which was a couple of minute job with rubber adjusters making things easy. Made a huge difference and felt much better. Had a little play with the rider modes and liked sport with its snappy throttle response and loved the cruise control. I was told that it only worked with the throttle off but this made things jerky again as it went from no throttle to cruise, however I tried it with a neutral throttle and it worked much smoother. Had a good couple of hours and loved the damn thing! I think I would add an ally sump and the XRx beak then maybe engine guards and panniers at a later stage. Hopefully going back soon to try the 1200 explorer and if it's like the 800 but more, then I may be very tempted. Would be interest in peoples thought if they have rid dent the super 10 against the explorer

Right, a little stretch for small hands but worked a treat, came up on the dash what speed you set then bike matches it.

Complete disaster.....P and H are now doing KTM 1050 adventures for £9500???

Now what to do ???

However I am on the other side of the country from them and miles away from a KTM dealer where my Triumph dealer is 40 miles away

Complete disaster.....P and H are now doing KTM 1050 adventures for £9500???

Now what to do ???

However I am on the other side of the country from them and miles away from a KTM dealer where my Triumph dealer is 40 miles away

I was out on a 800XRX yesterday. Did 70 miles around the Skipton/Ribchester/Blackburn area. First thing, I noticed how light it was after riding a 1200GSA. Found my way into the countryside, then found how quick it was. It accelerated strongly and smoothly from 30mph in 6th up to illegal speeds with gusto. Passing traffic was a blast. Handling was superb. Took it on the M65 for a ten mile thrash. No problems here, mile munching was effortless at ..mph:green gri. Roll on from 70mph was instant and lusty. What a great bike.
BTW topped up with petrol before handing it back and managed to squeeze in 5.2L. Yes its frugal and I didn't spare the horses.
This will be my next bike.
I then saw this about the KTM 1050. Oh well will just have to take one of those out as well, but it will have to be good to better the Triumph.

Back
Top Bottom