"Old snotter" 1994 Fat Boy - Collective thoughts

NickD

Reaction score
Okay, so a project bike is probably the way to go.
Limited skills so this seems to offer a good starting point.
This is on Ebay with bids closing today - a few additions on the bike but on paper at least seems sound enough.
Listed at £5.1 with reserve set at £6.1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Harley-Da...136?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ee0b448e0

Expecting the normal crap but any constructive thoughts, questions, comments would be appreciated.
Cheers

I like it... I would happily pay up to £6k ....pushing £6k I'd have to think a little....

It's got oodles on potential!

Sadly I can't offer any advice regarding it's value as the world of HD leaves me dazed and confused!
(for so long it's not true)

It's got oodles on potential!

Sadly I can't offer any advice regarding it's value as the world of HD leaves me dazed and confused!
(for so long it's not true)

Not too dazed and confused Chris I hope as, if successful, I had you in mind for the paint work?
5 and a bit hours to go - lets wait and see!!

Not too dazed and confused Chris I hope as, if successful, I had you in mind for the paint work?
5 and a bit hours to go - lets wait and see!!

Good luck!!

The possibilities are endless!!

i think it depends on what you are actually looking for ,for me i am only interested in road king /heritage softail if you are just looking for a harley my only advice is to buy as standard as possible as it will be easier to move on once the urge /itch or a larger budget for a better bike is found .
ive had a few before and remember this is only my opinion unless i wanted it for a project or it was cheaper it would not be for me ,as its old (ish) allthough the engine if looked after will go for ever and many many people prefer the single cam evo ,they are a great engine .
just think about what you want and what you want to do with it , please ignore every thing i have said as i change my bikes like i change my socks .

with a bit more money you could find a nice std glide or something , only my view .

if you do get it good luck , mechanically it seems to have had a lot done .

If it's anything like the 2004 ole snotter I bought It will be a rust bucket, be ready to strip it, blast it and re-coat everything.
I sort of agree with twizzer on it, but I'd only go to 5.7 un-viewed.

I have no comment on the actual motorcycle, it is a HD of whatever designated model.
But I question why you would want input from this bunch of fucking imbeciles, as that is what they predominately are, a bunch of fucking imbeciles, nothing more, nothing less.

Perhaps you need some kind of psychological help yourself, because to come along here and expect positive input from such a bunch of failed inhabitants of planet Earth is "stretching it a bit" So consider what it is you actually need to massage that ego that you have and if you can change it into what will satisfy that ego and do your best.
Good Luck, for that is all it is.....Luck, as no one else actually gives a flying fuck what you buy, what you ride, and how you fucking well ride it.....Really, no one gives a fuck, only you:beerjug:

I have no comment on the actual motorcycle, it is a HD of whatever designated model.
But I question why you would want input from this bunch of fucking imbeciles, as that is what they predominately are, a bunch of fucking imbeciles, nothing more, nothing less.

Perhaps you need some kind of psychological help yourself, because to come along here and expect positive input from such a bunch of failed inhabitants of planet Earth is "stretching it a bit" So consider what it is you actually need to massage that ego that you have and if you can change it into what will satisfy that ego and do your best.
Good Luck, for that is all it is.....Luck, as no one else actually gives a flying fuck what you buy, what you ride, and how you fucking well ride it.....Really, no one gives a fuck, only you:beerjug:

listen to this mans advice

Perhaps you need some kind of psychological help yourself, because to come along here and expect positive input from such a bunch of failed inhabitants of planet Earth is "stretching it a bit" So consider what it is you actually need to

massage that ego that you have and if you can change it into what will satisfy that ego and do your best.

Well, I am interested....but I always was a fuckwit....

:blagblah

Good to know you're back home for tea Att - grateful for the comment:blagblah

Not that anyone gives a damm but we'll know in an hr or so...

Okay, so a project bike is probably the way to go.
Limited skills so this seems to offer a good starting point.
This is on Ebay with bids closing today - a few additions on the bike but on paper at least seems sound enough.
Listed at £5.1 with reserve set at £6.1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Harley-Da...136?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ee0b448e0

Expecting the normal crap but any constructive thoughts, questions, comments would be appreciated.
Cheers

FWIW you pay a premium for anything that starts with 'Fat Boy' or 'Road King'.

Given that a Fat Boy is a Heritage with the crap stripped off, and a Road King is a Glide for chromosexuals you'll find you can get to where you want to be often by buying a less 'fashionable' model and selling half the crap that comes with it ;)

i like that " chromosexual " does that apply if all the chrome is powder coated black but its still on a road king as for fat boys they have solid wheels so are not a proper harley any way

I know some of you won't be able to sleep until you know - I was the highest bidder but still under reserve. Have spoken with the seller, a decent sounding bloke but hanging on for a higher price.
Thanks all for your comments
:beerjug:

I know some of you won't be able to sleep until you know - I was the highest bidder but still under reserve. Have spoken with the seller, a decent sounding bloke but hanging on for a higher price.
Thanks all for your comments
:beerjug:
It felt wrong to say this earlier, but I was also watching that toy. She looks like a good 'platform' to make the bike you want. Good luck closing a deal

It felt wrong to say this earlier, but I was also watching that toy. She looks like a good 'platform' to make the bike you want. Good luck closing a deal

Cheers - not jumping the gun but a feck of a long way to go to collect!!

Back
Top Bottom