650 Plastics

wind_kind

Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone point me in the right direction.
I finally bought my little Sertao but the plastics took a beating from what looks like a fun offroad trip. Bought the bike for a bargain though.

I want to replace the plastics but can't find anywhere to get them from. The only place I could find is BMW, but with their prices for replacement parts I could just as well have gotten a brand new bike from them. :loopy

Why dont you get the wrapped in "your" choice. Mikeyboy did his 650gs with some @15 quid a sheet.
HTHY

I need some advice. I can't post this anywhere else and this seems like the best forum to ask my technical question. Mods please move this if needed.

I bought my used Sertao this month and so far I'm very happy with it. Only thing is, last week it started making a faint clank clank clank noise down at the pegs and since then it's gotten worse and so much that I can actually feel it in the pegs.
At first I thought it might be the chain slack but the chain is fine. I noticed it is especially loud when I release the clutch and pull away and then it will remain through second gear and after that I don't hear of feel it that much, also not when we are two up and at speed, which makes me think it is the gearbox that is the problem. What exactly, I don't know.

Does anyone know what this could be or has anyone experienced this before and any suggestions on what I should do?

Was a kink in the chain. Replacing the chain and sprockets this week.

Back
Top Bottom