PETROL

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A couple of us have been up to Dent today and something that struck me, which I'd overlooked was..............Petrol

There isn't any :blast

Nearest is Sedbergh, which is a 30 minute round trip (narrow lanes) - according to Google

So make sure you have full tanks, before you enter Dentdale

If you're coming from the East & North, fillup at Hawes (closes Fri night at 5.30pm, weekends 9-5pm)

If you're coming from West and North, fillup at Sedbergh or Settle

If you're coming from the south, fillup at Settle

Also there are no cash point facilities in Dent either, so get supplies

On my rides we will fillup at Hawes on the Sat/Sun afternoon before entering Dentdale

If you forget, filling with fuel is not a 5 min trip

Just a reminder

The price it is in Hawes I'd take it with you ! :D

Better than pushing..............:blast

I will be filling up in Hawes both days, on my rides and supporting a local business, without places like these - petrol would be a chore, for everyone

Better than pushing..............:blast

I will be filling up in Hawes both days, on my rides and supporting a local business, without places like these - petrol would be a chore, for everyone

The man makes a fortune with all the small tanked sports bikes that only have 100 mile range !
However, piss taking aside, i do fill up there myself when passing through usually as i have been too lazy to fill up somewhere cheaper en route.

petrol.

For those thinking of joining my ride you are going to need at least twenty miles in your tank
as was not planning on going via either Sedbergh or Hawes.
Will be going through Kirkby Stephen which has fuel. I will make sure we pass a fuel station on the way back aswell
Sedbergh has cash points, Indian and chinese take aways a chip shop and small tesco for real adventure ride outs.
Paul.

For those thinking of joining my ride you are going to need at least twenty miles in your tank
as was not planning on going via either Sedbergh or Hawes.
Will be going through Kirkby Stephen which has fuel. I will make sure we pass a fuel station on the way back aswell
Sedbergh has cash points, Indian and chinese take aways a chip shop and small tesco for real adventure ride outs.
Paul.

Well said, thanks for the positive comments

The man makes a fortune with all the small tanked sports bikes that only have 100 mile range !
However, piss taking aside, i do fill up there myself when passing through usually as i have been too lazy to fill up somewhere cheaper en route.

Don't forget to buy the wonderful Wensleydale and Cranberry cheese in Hawes. Also there's a shop that sells a mature cheese called Top Shelf, wow. I was recently walking in Sedbergh and have relations in West Witton so quite familiar with the area.
I would love to have gone to the Dent Event but I'm on a cruise. This is not a piss take on The Bear, I am actually on a cruise. Maybe next year:thumb2

For those joining the ' 21 Dales' run it will be 85mls before a fuel stop at Masham.

I will stop again in Hawes on the way back if folks need to top up for the Sunday.

Steve

Should have kept it quiet being as they'll be adventure riders 'all :D

Just a thought

With a good number of old 1150's attending, should we get BMW recovery on stand by with extra staff and tow trucks ??? :green gri:green gri

With a good number of old 1150's attending, should we get BMW recovery on stand by with extra staff and tow trucks ??? :green gri:green gri

1150s were attending events around Hawes long before the financiers at BMW thought of something new and will continue long after :dabone

For those joining the ' 21 Dales' run it will be 85mls before a fuel stop at Masham

I will stop again in Hawes on the way back if folks need to top up for the Sunday.

Steve

Not permanently manned at weekends now, but they have a card based Pay @ Pump which is quite quaint and not at all like Tesco's

Fuel at Aysgarth now, station has re-opened

you'll be telling us next there's no wi-fi!

There's no WiFi and no 'phone signal in Dent Cookie .... part of the charm of the place :D

There is limited WiFi on the campsite, up near the main toilet block near the farm, and there's WiFi in both The George and Dragon and The Sun Inn pubs :thumb

:beerjug:

Johnny, Johnny, Johnny…. you're molly-coddling all these hard ass adventure bikers. I'll be there, on my GSA with 30 litres; what's the problem??? Oh… yeah, there's always some numpty that turns up at these events with bugger all fuel in their tank, then they expect the group ride to wait on them whilst they fart around trying to sort the fuel issue out 5 minutes before your ride. Well, enough's enough I say. Just bang a warning on here - If you turn out for any of the ride outs with insufficient fuel which affects the group ride by pissing off the ride leader and their 'prepared' riders, tough luck buddy, we're not here to wipe your butt! :augie:D

Thanks for the heads up on the fuel though.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom