New Super Tenere for 2016 ?

I also like the red colour that the yanks get...strange Yamaha don't sell it here.

I like the look of the Africa Twin, but it's seat height puts me off, as well as the tyres having inner tubes. The big plus of the S10 over the AT for me is the shaft drive.

I went down the power commander 5 route. 100.4 at the rear wheel 79 torque things.

I went down the power commander 5 route. 100.4 at the rear wheel 79 torque things.

have ecu reflash already, have enough bhp...

Don't you consider Elec suspension, new instruments, better engine map and cruise control a major update, what would you like to see?

id like to see 15 kgs min weight reduction, triptronic gearbox option and revised exhaust styling. I cant fault the handling at all, super planted.

But just the weight, styling and auto gearbox option. You cangt feel the weight on the go,but picking it up off stand etc. Less weight, more centralised distribution.

what you think?

have ecu reflash already, have enough bhp...

id like to see 15 kgs min weight reduction, triptronic gearbox option and revised exhaust styling. I cant fault the handling at all, super planted.

But just the weight, styling and auto gearbox option. You cangt feel the weight on the go,but picking it up off stand etc. Less weight, more centralised distribution.

what you think?

I reckon the fancy gearbox might add more weight? Ironically I think the reason it rides so well is the long s/arm (no doubt heavy) and the engine weight being well forward,
I guess you would feel a 20kg or more reduction, mind you we complain and then bung on a set of panniers and a whopper of a top box!

Had mine flashed by ECU Unleashed originally, then had the bike re-flashed on the Dyno at CJS racing who sorted the low down fuelling with my Arrow system and picked up even more power. Also had the throttle maps for S and T improved.

The original Dyno run I had showed 91BHP with the headers fitted it jumped to 96, the ECU-U map took it to 99 on Race Engineerings Dynojet - This appeared as @95BHP about 2 years later on CJS Dynapro (like Hilltop) I think the Dynapro's tend to read a little lower.

The CJS remap took it from 95 to 105 on his Dynapro dyno, it now rips right into the red zone without tailing off and feels much smoother at all rpm, now got an Arrow can to fit which should free up another 2-3 BHP. Not many bikes you can get @15% more power from an exhaust and remap.

Hi All.
Yamaha Super Ténéré Worldcrosser XT1200Z 2016

Attachments

• Yamaha Super Ténéré Worldcrosser XT1200Z 2016 (Custom).jpg
    Yamaha Super Ténéré Worldcrosser XT1200Z 2016 (Custom).jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 546
I see spy shots have emerged of the new MT07 powered mini Tenere for 2017 / 2018.

So with new EUR4 ( ridiculous EU regs nanny state bullsh1t ) coming into play, the current 1200 Super Tenere may not meet regs. So could this mean we could have a new revised Super10 for 2017, realistically ?

1200 Triple????

Maybe just a 1,000cc triple in a much lighter bike. My son is getting a Tiger 800 XCX and the power to weight ration on that is better than the current S10. Mind you a Tosser sized rider would have more impact on the Tiger than the S10:D

Maybe just a 1,000cc triple in a much lighter bike. My son is getting a Tiger 800 XCX and the power to weight ration on that is better than the current S10. Mind you a Tosser sized rider would have more impact on the Tiger than the S10:D

makes you wonder if they will continue with the big 1200 twin, or use the emissions issues to rationalise their line up and switch to a triple either 900 or bored out

a triple engine is not the way to go on a big traillie imo.

The character of a para twin like on the S10 or the other config like the gs is more suited, smoother, good torque and delivery with around 100bhp ( with room for a few more ).

i reckon Yamaha have to have something on the way...

a triple engine is not the way to go on a big traillie imo.

The character of a para twin like on the S10 or the other config like the gs is more suited, smoother, good torque and delivery with around 100bhp ( with room for a few more ).

i reckon Yamaha have to have something on the way...

I'd have expected a triple to be smoother although I take your point on the likely torque benefit of a big twin. The S10 also has the advantage of a 270 degree crank so at low revs you get similar power delivery to a big single, i.e. pulsed which I'm told gives the tyre a better chance of finding grip on some surfaces.

I see today yamaha released the Tracer 700. Rather spiffing little bike. It will sell by the truck load!

Anyway, this leads me to believe that a new updated 1200 Tenere is due this yr. Apparently dealers are not stocking any more base models in some countries in europe and they are reducing prices on current models too...

Anyone hear anything anywhere else?

Back
Top Bottom