New Super Tenere for 2016 ?

Anyone hear anything yet ? Details are non existent !! Dealer doesnt now anything....

gotta be one on the way !

Ive been sandbagging on buying new bike.....waiting on new Tenere for 2017.

Only one snag, spoke to dealer today. He is sure there is no S10 for next yr. As current model is EU4 compliant they dont need to change nout.

Anyone hear anything else?

It received a really good review in the Bike mag Adventure bike group test .:cool:

Surprising.

It shines in isolation, but when it gets raced by free-loaders alongside the likes of Mult-strada's and KTM's it seems a bit slow and heavy, but you cannot compare a shaft driven Adventure Tourer against what are effectively comfy sportsbikes using the speed and handling as the only judging criteria.

it is also a shade down on power and little up on weight alongside the Watercooled BMW GS - but take into account the price differential (and to some folk the "issue" of reliability and service costs) and there it looks quite attractive.

In the real world just riding around it is a fantastic machine, I paid less for my 2011 bike (ex demo with 150 miles / 5 months old) than 2 year old BMW GS models were selling for at the time, four years later after 21,000 miles it had cost me about £350 for 2 dealer services plus about £75 for the 18k service I did myself - and I sold it with a loss of just £3400 (just as it required the big tappet service)

Pretty good value, about £1k a year / 5,000 miles to own and run an almost new bike for four years.

Not sure Yamaha will do much with it, reckon it will be like the FJR1300 and go on for many years, the dev cost of a totally new machine to put into such a crowded market is probably not worth it, especially with the success they are getting with the well priced MT ranges.

Had my first ride on a Super Ten today. 2016 Demo ES model...............very impressed. I currently own a 2007 GS1200Adv and although on paper they are very similar in weight, the Yamaha feels like a little lightweight in comparison to the Beemer.
I really think I am going to jump ship!!

Had my first ride on a Super Ten today. 2016 Demo ES model...............very impressed. I currently own a 2007 GS1200Adv and although on paper they are very similar in weight, the Yamaha feels like a little lightweight in comparison to the Beemer.
I really think I am going to jump ship!!

I've had my 2014 ES for 17 months now...and apart from nearly parting with it a few months ago 17 months is pretty good for me....

Bullet proof is what they are. ;)

I've had my 2014 ES for 17 months now...and apart from nearly parting with it a few months ago 17 months is pretty good for me....

Bullet proof is what they are. ;)
I couldn't get over the grunt of the engine considering its on paper figures.

Very happy and will probably look for a well specced 2014/15 model.

Sent from a OnePlusX

I'll be in the market for a new bike this autumn and for some reason I keep looking at the Super Ten's when I know I really should get a GSA WC.

It will have to do a minimum of 100k over the next 5 years if all goes to plan.

I'll be in the market for a new bike this autumn and for some reason I keep looking at the Super Ten's when I know I really should get a GSA WC.

It will have to do a minimum of 100k over the next 5 years if all goes to plan.

You're a GSA man, Chris. This could all end in tears.:augie:D

Hi Banzai600, new to this site and was drawn to it by an article you posted regarding the flashing of you Super Tenere ecu and reckon I own that bike now, SFZ ? just wondering if this is the case buddy, would be interested to know.

Hi Banzai600, new to this site and was drawn to it by an article you posted regarding the flashing of you Super Tenere ecu and reckon I own that bike now, SFZ ? just wondering if this is the case buddy, would be interested to know.

howdy

doubt its mine, my bike was bought buy a lad here in Dublin. However, i know www.Mototuning.ie done a few bikes from up north and a couple of UK bikes.

Hi Banzai600, thought it was too much of a coincidence when reading your post regarding your ecu flashing, I'm in Scotland and the bike come from Ireland which I bought from a dealer in Birmingham last October and saw the youtube vid recently from Mototuning.ie of the bike being done, but as the bike has only 1 former owner it can't be your after all. But I agree with your comments, the bike goes fantastically well for what it is.
Thanks for your reply m8

I believe that nice white Tenere was my bike. Don't know I sold it, my mistake.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom