Point Two Air Jacket Tossers Special Offer

Hope your right, but the instructions refer to first bolting a saddle attachment to the bike, which the lanyard attaches to.

Ive emailed Two Point but won't get a reply till Tuesday at the earliest, for now Ill strap the lanyard to the bike.

Thanks Matt :thumb

He is right.

The lanyard goes around the frame and then just clips into the loop on your jacket.

Thanks Arsey. Heres hoping I don't forget to unclip before getting off the bike! :eek:
Don't worry too much. You are not likely to set the thing off by getting off your bike, unless it is unplanned and sudden! It needs quite a tug, so to speak.

Matt

Well Ive attached my lanyard to the frame under the seat, then passed it between the seat and the front seat bar its in a central position...

IMG_7587_zpsylrofztk.jpg

IMG_7585_zpskuonnukp.jpg

Two being ordered, MUST be a sensible safety device. Ill be the laughing stock at the first fuel stop.:D
Black ordered (not sensible) cos I hate high viz ( don't want to look like a pleb) and they ain't seen you anyway.

My twat suit is loose fitting to allow for layers and or heated jacket. Videos of fitting suggest a fist sized gap needed, could this air vest be fitted under a loose twat suit ?

I guess it could be worn underneath, but if your twat jacket isn't loose enough then it could damage your twat jacket when it inflates. The instructions state that it should be worn as the outer most layer. The back of the vest is quit long and comes down below my trouser waistline, so that bit would be sticking out of your jacket.

Thanks bear: I'd look more of a twat with my under carriage dangling so that sorts that then: outside it is

You get into the habit of wearing the thing and then feel a bit naked without. Top kit.

Set mine off accidentally a couple of days ago. :) can confirm it works !

Mine arrived yesterday - ordered the XL which is a good fit for me.

Came with a spare air canister which I was not expecting :)

Lanyard fits no problem to my WC GSA.

Now ordered a spare Lanyard for my Scrambler to save the hassle of swapping it between bikes.

All good so far :thumb

Fantastic home delivery service from Gary (en route to Monmouth )
Lanyard length is adjustable: too long and you may hit the deck before activation:
300_5917.%20LANYARD-M.jpg

Easily Long enough, if wished, to permit standing on the pegs:
300_5911%20GSA%20portrait%20standing-M.jpg

Back protector inbuilt (so you can probably remove the one in your jacket):
300_5935%20jacket%20back%20protector-M.jpg

Very impressed with the overall quality and also with the firing mechanism, which requires a hefty 6st pull:
300_5933.%20firing%20mechanism-M.jpg

Mrs Grinninggser also happy:
300_5928.%20Jacket%20front%20JBH-M.jpg

AND before anyone says anything BUSH DOES NOT NEED TRIMMING :rob
300_5931%20Jacket%20rear%20JBH-M.jpg

We purchased two additional equestrian lanyards
This company has a first rate product here and are heavily involved in the equestriam market but have not yet conquered the motorcycle market:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4cYvm-EnjWQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Best wishes to Gary and I hope that we never need to have use of the jackets.

p.s. my only negative comment would be that they do take more room, which is not a problem on the big GS/GSA (less if you remove your jacket's back protectors which I haven't tried), so if you ride two up, then don't consider a smaller bike :rob

Im thinking of getting one of these,I like the idea behind it.Whats everyones verdict when sat on the bike,the tail seems very long,do you feel it at all?Has anyone had one go "off" whilst wearing a helmet?If so did the helmet,chin strap feel like it was restricted in anyway?

Do you ride with your normal armour still in the jacket?

I see in the picture it seems to be ok with the helmet,but is it the same when laid on the tarmac.

All these questions eh??
Thanks
Andy

Hardly notice I'm wearing it when riding.

I chucked my back protector because the air jacket has it's own built in.

I don't feel the tail at all as it's uninflated but you'll be pleased it's there if you come off (Or your coccyx will be!).

I've not had it inflated while wearing a helmet but it's designed to stop your helmet (and head) banging around and damaging your neck - Apparently one of the worst injury causing effects of coming off according to the guys who make it.

The built in back protector is a forcefield level 2. I leave it in full time and wear it over my BMW back protectors in my tourshell/streetguard kit but took the crappy Dainese back protector out of my leather jacket. Either way it doesn't feel uncomfortable at all. The forcefield protector is very malleable and quite soft.

Overall it's slightly bulky when you first put it on but after 5 minutes you forget you've got it on at all.

Having come off last year and not bounced like I used to and also now doing more commuting, I'm quite interested, but would like to see one & try it on. Did you visit their address in Surrey?

If you email Gary (His email is in the original post) I'm sure he will be happy to sort out a time for you to go down and try one on.

Back
Top Bottom