Point Two Air Jacket Tossers Special Offer

Only drawback I have found so far is that the high viz version reflects badly on the clocks/sat nav when riding into the sun - same as any high viz jacket I guess.

Will see if I can get some anti glare screen protectors or just get a black permanent marker and fill in the offending area of the jacket :)

Having come off last year and not bounced like I used to and also now doing more commuting, I'm quite interested, but would like to see one & try it on. Did you visit their address in Surrey?

Gary was more than happy to send mine out on the agreement I could return it if I didn't want it. I kept it.

Having come off last year and not bounced like I used to and also now doing more commuting, I'm quite interested, but would like to see one & try it on. Did you visit their address in Surrey?
I went with a Helite Turtle inflating jacket and they came to my house to do a fitting, set the jacket off on me to make sure it fitted correctly in that situation then didn't push me to buy it, but I did.

Just a heads up. I use the Hit-Air MLV-P vest and excellent it is. This uses the threaded 45g/60cc replacement CO2 cartridges. From most air-vest suppliers these are £15 to £19 each. I managed to find this UK supplier of replacement cartridges that does them for £3.59 each.
I've tested them in my jacket and they work fine. No longer so worried about the odd accidental inflation because I've forgotten to disconnect before dismounting.

At that price it's worth buying s few for fun: thank you

Malvern Beemer, these newer Point Two Jackets have a cartridge with bayonet fitting, not a screw thread. Any cheaper cartridges carry failure risk: is the end cap thickness the same to permit puncture (Probably but who knows?). Is the volume the same, ((says it is but is it ?). If you can source the cheaper ones with bayonets, they may be worth purchasing for test purposes, but I'm not sure that I'd sacrifice the safety for a few quid of uncertainty.
Bayonet like this:
2_6581_e.jpg

Airbag jacket

I have worn my jacket now for about a year and a half (bought at NEC in 2013). I don't use the back protector as i have one in my Rukka jacket.

I found the armour up the front of the jacket sometimes made it difficult to get proper rotation of my head. It felt as is the top of the jacket was fouling the bottom of my lid. Took the armour out and cut about 4 inches off refitted and problem solved.

Sent my jacket to be serviced and they upgraded the airbag to their latest spec :D

Like the rest of us don't ever want to test the effectiveness of the jacket.

:aidan

Just like to say thank you to James for the special price for these jackets. I have just received mine and am impressed with the quality. Just hope I don't ever test it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And a thank you from me too, just had mine delivered in person by Gary, a nice guy and a nice piece of kit, can sell my BMW leatt collar now.

Anyone know if the inflation part of the air vest is just as effective with or without the back protector?

Ive left the back protectors in both my biking jacket and air vest, so I'm wearing two. Removing the air vest back protector would make it more comfortable, and id always have the back protector in my jacket.

You could always look on their web site:

The Pro Air Force is a lightweight jacket which can be worn over the top of any existing body armour or suit. It comes complete with an EN1621-2 Level 2 Back Protector which can be removed if existing/alternative body armour is used.

;)

You could always look on their web site:

The Pro Air Force is a lightweight jacket which can be worn over the top of any existing body armour or suit. It comes complete with an EN1621-2 Level 2 Back Protector which can be removed if existing/alternative body armour is used.

;)

Always quicker to let someone else find the answer. Thanks :D

Always quicker to let someone else find the answer. Thanks :D

Your welcome - of course if you had found out yourself that you could take out the back protector you may not have needed to do all that needlework extending the Velcro straps :p:D:D

Was speaking to Gary yesterday, You can remove the back protection from either your jacket or the vest, or leave both in.

Your welcome - of course if you had found out yourself that you could take out the back protector you may not have needed to do all that needlework extending the Velcro straps :p:D:D

Id still need the extended straps, due to my impressive muscular physique

Was speaking to Gary yesterday, You can remove the back protection from either your jacket or the vest, or leave both in.

Removed the back protector from the air vest (comprises 4 x layers of foam material bonded together) which gives slightly more comfortable fit. Just need to read the instructions for replacing the cylinder incase I have an unexpected 'neglegant discharge'!

Just ordered myself one of these. Gary has been fantastic if only customer services elsewhere was like this.
Brilliant service, let's hope never have to use in anger.

Have you had your air jacket long?

Hi

I am very interested in buying one of the air jackets, but would be interested to know how people that have had one for a long time feel about them and if there is any problems to be aware of.

What has you gone for? The high viz or the black one?

Thanks for your views

Graham Allen

Back
Top Bottom