Point Two Air Jacket Tossers Special Offer

Jumpjim

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After Arsey posted a while back we've had some uptake on an offer I put together recently so thought it was worth reposting.

I nearly bought an Air Jacket from Point Two at the NEC show a year ago and having come off in February I wished i had as I broke 5 ribs and my collarbone on a low speed off. Having subsequently gone back and bought one I managed to negotiate a good deal for British Airways pilots which they have subsequently extended to you motley lot.

The Point Two Pro Air jackets (Available in hi-vis and black) usually retail for £450 and are nearly identical to the Helite turtle vest if you've seen one of those. They inflate in 0.2secs and provide amazing protection around the torso and lock your head/helmet in place around your neck. They come fitted with a level 2 Forcefield back protector.

Here's a quick video of them demonstrating the inflation on a friend of mine recently..

They have offered these jackets to you guys at £50 below the promotional show price of £300 and will sell them at £250.

Check out the website (Which is due for a major upgrade shortly) HERE

If you're interested contact their rep, Gary Ball. at gary.ball89@sky.com, mention James Shepard sent you and he will sort out payment, answer queries etc.

Just to reiterate Arsey and myself make nothing out of this... It's just a deal we managed to negotiate which I happen to think is cracking value, and hopefully may save someone getting too bashed up in the future.

I have had 3 'offs' on the road, the first in 1978 and the last in 1989. I was fairly lucky each time, suffering no major damage, despite one of them being well above the national speed limit. I have the past couple of years taken to wearing a BMW leatt neck brace, which does get some strange looks, and for wet weather riding, only the Klim Adventure jacket provides for keeping the rain out, with its additional collar. This vest appears less obtrusive and also appears to offer hypertension protection, so I'm going to give it a go, got to be better than regretting the extra protection in the future.

Should have pointed out that this is a promotional offer so I'm not sure how long it will last....

Thanks chap. I have a Helite and I think I will treat Mrs Monty to one of these.

Matt :)

Thanks, I shall phone them tomorrow and if they can do one my size then I shall buy one :thumb2

By the way, why would a pilot wear one of these, does it break their fall from 30,000 feet? :D

How we got Eric Clapton to come along and model for us I will never know...

Thanks, I shall phone them tomorrow and if they can do one my size then I shall buy one :thumb2

By the way, why would a pilot wear one of these, does it break their fall from 30,000 feet? :D

Bounce back up to the aircraft!

Mr Bear

Let me know what they say as i may be able to squeeze into one if you can

Sent using Tapatalk

Re: the sizes I'm chest48-50 and the XL fits easily and can be expanded to larger. The plastic clips are on adjustable velcro so can be fine tuned.

My 'friend' fell off horse recently whilst wearing hers (that's their heritage) it was fully inflated before she hit the ground and protected her. The lanyard is different for horse and bike.

The canisters are £18 each -see if you can get a deal.

They will throw a spare canister in with the jacket which is handy if you're off touring. My entire group has bought one for our Alps trip this year..

So I popped over to Point Two this afternoon and have to say I was very impressed. This is a high quality big of kit and, as well as inflating in the blink of an eye, it also has level 2 protection built into the front and back.

Their level of service is excellent and it was worth going over there as Beccy and her hubby spent some time making sure I had the right size and everything worked as it should. When it was activated I definitely had tears in my eyes but you get a real sense of the high level of protection it offers.

Have to also say a huge thank you to Jumpjim for securing such a fabulous deal :thumb2

Highly recommended big of kit - and they do it in tactical black for anyone averse to high viz ;)

Mr Bear

Let me know what they say as i may be able to squeeze into one if you can

Contacted Gary at Point Two yesterday, he says if the vest is too small I can return it for a refund. Think I'll order one on Monday and see how it fits. If you want to meet up and try mine on then let me know.

Back
Top Bottom