BMW S1000XR first ride. Adventure style sports bike?

Hmmm

BMW's answer to the Multistrada, methinks.......

More like the Versys 1000 really, but yes similar power to the Multistrada, KTM1290 etc for those that find the boxer a bit asthmatic

IM looking forward to a spin on one

More like the Versys 1000 really, but yes similar power to the Multistrada, KTM1290 etc for those that find the boxer a bit asthmatic

How's it more like the Versys 1000?:nenau

The XR is a direct rival to the Multi.

Nice looking...kinda

_K5_7100.jpg

Definitely not aiming at the Versys/MT09 Tracer/Vstrom end of the market with the list price. Very much a KTM/Multistrada competitor. I might take a ride on one just to see if a 50% price premium for 50% more power and a roundel badge is worth the price of entry compared to my new Tracer.

Remarkably similar in looks to Hondas flop the Crossrunner (f'ugly).
I'm sure this will sell better!

I'm seriously tempted - maybe next April :bow

I'm not sure you'll like it Steve, not for the type of riding you do. I took one out for a little over a couple of hours last week, yes, it was a fun bike, great on the bends, great acceleration, but before an hour was up I had serious arse-ache (the seat is like sitting on a plank), and pins and needles in my hands and legs due the vibrations through the bars and pegs. I could have had the bike for longer, but I was more than happy to take it back after a couple of hours.
If I wanted a second bike, just for fun, for taking out for short runs on the twisties, i.e. just for a bit of fun, then this would be up there near the top of the list. Would I go for full day ride-outs on it or touring, definitely not.
I know others won't agree with me, as there are plenty that seem to like it, it's just not for me. It'll be interesting to see how many that have bought one keep it long term (if it's their only bike).

Bob

Same as my thoughts Bob, had the bike booked overnight but took it back after an hour, I reckon the pins n needles would be epic n last till the hotel bar after doing a 200 mile day.

it's just not for me. It'll be interesting to see how many that have bought one keep it long term (if it's their only bike).

Bob

it will be a great fun bike for sure, i think a second bike, but long term if anyone trades a GSA or GS for one they might regret it, it doesn't have any of the character, paralever, shaft, single sided swinger and that crazy engine

it will be a great fun bike for sure, i think a second bike, but long term if anyone trades a GSA or GS for one they might regret it, it doesn't have any of the character, paralever, shaft, single sided swinger and that crazy engine

I completely agree, which is why my GSA is still in my garage!:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom