Loving my Moto Guzzi V7 II

mermoto

Reaction score
Meet Eggburt. :D

IMG_1237-1web.jpg

Sold mine last week, loved it but too many bikes and it was either that or my airhead that had to go and it lost out.

I was looking at one of these as an everyday to run alongside my Stelvio.

But, Andy at Teasdale's offered me a very nice R1200ST at a price that was to good to refuse.

Enjoy.

Steve

Always fancied a Guzzi but 20 years or so ago I test rode an 1100 sport, loved the bike but not all the false neutrals. Fast forward to last year when I sat on the V7 racer in Fowlers, Bristol. Well what a bike and fantastic value. Preferred the riding position of the Special and Stone though with its upright bars. I also sat on a few Triumphs while there but the levers and controls just felt cheap in comparison. Made up my mind to have a test ride a few months later and took out a red V7 stone, 2014 model in the rain. Wow what a great little bike, loved the simplicity, the engine was so sweet with loads of torque and just the right vibes to feel like a real motorcycle. Anyway after lots of reading and looking I ordered the new 2015 V7II which looks very similar to the 2014 but has been given quite a few updates including 6 speed gearbox, ABS and traction control. Not that you need the latter. The engine geometry has been changed giving the riders knees more room and reducing the seat height. Im 6'1'' and it fits like a glove. The finish is first class with very neat welding and everything just seems well engineered. Going through fast twisting country roads is pure delight. Compared with the GSWC I had is chalk and cheese, yes I love the GS and it does it all so effortlessly but I just felt concerned about all the electronics and different settings BMW seem to think we need. Yes I could have bought a vanilla GSWC without all the bells and whistles but I'm sure many of you thought about that at some point. Anyway the V7II is just such a lovely bike to ride and should be so easy to service in the future. There are loads of extras to customise them to your own taste and the best of it is I could buy two of them for the price of a new GS. Long may my new love affair continue :beer:

IMG_1227editweb.jpg

IMG_1230edit-1noplateweb1.jpg

I do like these bikes, infact was gonna buy one last year until my mate sold me his airhead :clap

Bike looks terrific. I bought a new Stelveo in 2009, even thou the 2009 got bad press it was a terrific bike as I'm sure your 7 will be.

What was it like to ride Jonny, your a tall fella like me.

Had a nice ride out last night with Airhead.......great bike, but I do fancy one of these.

Sod the Guzzi Johnny! Thats a Pre unit Triumph Mettise in the background :cool:

I'm liking the V7 Mermoto. Very nice!

Love the look of this.

I've not had a Guzzi for about 32 years when I had a V50. Keep being drawn to them, looked at a couple of California's and a T3 at Weston Bike Night last week

Very cool - looks fantastic.

Have always been tempted by these...

Back
Top Bottom