Turkish fully comp insurance for uk bike registered in Cyprus !

floodle

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello
Can anyone help.
We are english living Cyprus with our 2 UK (first registered) gs bmws now registered in Greek Cyprus.
We will be taking them from the north of the island (turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, which we have insurance for ) by ferry into Turkey and require fully comprehensive insurance for them
Can you help or any suggestions as to how we can insure them, uk companies will not due to being in Cyprus
Many thanks

Must be someone in North Cyprus can help surely? It's effectively a Turkish protectorate?

No they will only do third party :( and the Greek cyp side will not issue greencard or insurance for turkey as they hate the Turks
So we now have greek cypriot insurance (fully comp) TRNC insurance (third party) and cant get fully comp from either for Turkey!

Sorry, failed to spot the "registered in Greek Cyprus" bit. Thought you were in the North. Take it over the border on your UK documents and then re register it there or just insure it? You can usually purchase insurance on the European border with Turkey I believe? Try a PM to Expatinistanbul of this parish? My brain is starting to hurt!

Expatinistanbul does not accept private messages. Ive spent all day trying to sort this I cant see Cyprus ever being one country again, it is the last divided city in the world, coming across the 'green' line from north to south the customs search you and will take any items bought in TRNC

The insurance agency I use to insure my bikes/car/house is owned by a biker. Their staff are well informed on all things related to bikes & insurance, ping me a reminder PM tomorrow and I'll get in touch with them. Or you could try calling them first thing in the morning, I'm sure someone there will speak English, if not Sahin the owner.

http://www.sairsigorta.com/index.php

TELEFON :
0216 651 92 25 (3 HAT)

The insurance agency I use to insure my bikes/car/house is owned by a biker. Their staff are well informed on all things related to bikes & insurance, ping me a reminder PM tomorrow and I'll get in touch with them. Or you could try calling them first thing in the morning, I'm sure someone there will speak English, if not Sahin the owner.

http://www.sairsigorta.com/index.php

TELEFON :
0216 651 92 25 (3 HAT)

Many thanks I will try them tomorrow

Expatinistanbul does not accept private messages.
He's been gone from here for a long time - only one post int he past 12 mo. I was doing some business with him, but he's dropped off the radar.

Back
Top Bottom