New gear company found...... www.louis.de

(RIP) mainescots

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Much better than fc-moto with regard to tele-sales and after-sales service.....

Several friends based in Germany swear by them but beware one aspect - when ordering, pay by credit card. Don't go with the bank transfer system they offered me.
UK bank was going to charge damn near 15% of my order to transfer the funds - £39.90!!!!

So the whole thing was spoiled by UK bank!!!

If you pop Louis.de into the search box you'll find people on here have been using them for a long while with much satisfaction.

Yes, and I had one of their own brand Vanucci suits, sadly now discontinued, which was 2/3's the price of a BMW item and far better. To start with it was actually waterproof and the Beemer suit and three replacements wasn't.

New jacket from Louis arrived and the leather quality is excellent.....

Leather quality good, supple, fits well, reflective piping, sort armours shoulders and elbows, back protector added for an extra €30.00.
Leather wax/grease easy to apply and renders a whole lot more waterproof.
AJS Biker II..... For those who might want a non-textile jacket.....

Think the three men's Held Jackets are supposed to be great too.....

A well-regarded chain of stores in German, Austria and (I think) Switzerland.

Certainly FC-Moto (and all their other trading names) have a poor reputation for after-sales

I'm in vienna and went last week to visit the Giga store ( a big shop!) To buy some kit. Wasted my time as they didn't have in Stock what they said they had.

They do have a nice selection of tool kits, one of which included a nasty looking knife and some pepper spray.. I assume for the bears.

A well-regarded chain of stores in German, Austria and (I think) Switzerland.

Certainly FC-Moto (and all their other trading names) have a poor reputation for after-sales

Wot he said but don't ignore Polo Motorrad either. I've found them as good as Louis and if you call in person they've often got discounts. Self and Magnet bought some kit from them and the staff split up the 'bundle' so we got double the discount. Top service!

Also worth mentioning that Moto Legends in Surrey will price match genuine prices on European sites and they don't take the mick on the exchange rate either. Prompt delivery and again good customer service. The advantage is that they also have a good returns policy so if it don't fit it's easy to exchange.

Back
Top Bottom