Thread: "The UKs No.1 Bike Insurer" Wont Insure Sidecars

New Member (less than 15 Posts)

"The UKs No.1 Bike Insurer" Wont Insure Sidecars

Turns out Big Ed has a grudge against Combos!

The dreaded letter on the doorstep arrived today, Insurance renewal time! Rang my insurer (MCE) to sort out renewal of my policy for my 1100gs and MZ Combo. Insured with them no problem last year.

This year i was told they would not continue to insure the MZ because it has a sidecar! Despite no changes in situation or claims! After a few choice words and a return phone call to customer services i had a manager confirm that MCE's underwriters have taken a policy of not selling or renewing any policys for Sidecar Combinations, to anybody, anywhere!

What a disgrace. So it turns out "The UKs No.1 Bike Insurer", dosent like a very old biking tradition of the Motorcycle/Sidecar Combination.

Toubab Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Absolute disgrace.

Tell ya what I'd do.....I'd go and insure my sidecar with ANOTHER insurer.....that'll learn'em

back from the abyss Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    What company underwrites their policies in this case?
    Regards bisbee

Courage isn't having the strength to go on - it is going on when you don't have strength.

Quote Originally Posted by bisbee View Post
    What company underwrites their policies in this case?
    Didn't cross my mind to ask, ive asked for written confirmation that they will not renew. So hopefully a email will confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanum View Post
    Absolute disgrace.

Tell ya what I'd do.....I'd go and insure my sidecar with ANOTHER insurer.....that'll learn'em
    Easier said than done, wise guy, especially for a younger rider. Luckily sorted something else, but this comes with greater expense.

Toubab Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    If you look on one of the sidecar forums (of which there are many) I bet you'd find dozens or reconsiderations for good inexpensive companies