Metzler Tourance

Homer1968

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Folks just had a pair fitted at National tyres in Barnsley to my 800gs. The technician said that the factory had moved from Germany to China and not to expect more than 5k out of them. Also saying wear had reduced owing to the change in factory. Anyone else heard this?
I know there is a massive thread on tyres but i was wondering what other tyres people are using and recomend ?

Cheers :beer:

Folks just had a pair fitted at National tyres in Barnsley to my 800gs. The technician said that the factory had moved from Germany to China and not to expect more than 5k out of them. Also saying wear had reduced owing to the change in factory. Anyone else heard this?
I know there is a massive thread on tyres but i was wondering what other tyres people are using and recomend ?

The " technician"? Ya mean Stuart? Yes. Same problem here. Complained to him that rear was fooked after 4500 miles but front had lasted "loads" . He pointed out the lettering on the sides. Front said made in Germany. Rear, made in China. So onto Anakees. He said loads of GS riders making same observation recently.

Try Pirelli Scorpion Trail, a buddy of mine uses them on his KTM 990 Adventure and he loves them.

Conti Trail Attacks will give you 8 > 9 K, on my 6th set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to buy one from High Peak motorcycles the other week when the Tourance EX rear on my Super Tenere picked up a nail. Was told the same story about the factory moving to China and the tyres were now rubbish in comparison to the old Tourances.

Just replaced my Anakee 2's with Tourances and noticed on tyre wall made in China? Someone tell me that's rubbish?? Anyone else had 9K+ miles out of Chinese Tourances?? :blast

Back
Top Bottom