Remus and Y-piece

Chewie2112

Reaction score
Ok, just throwing this out there.....

Just been told that it can damage your engine to run a Remus (or any aftermarket can) and a Y-Piece de-cat pipe without an ECU or power commander upgrade.

is this true?

was who ever told you this trying to sell you an ecu or power commander?!

It was me . I was told by bmw mec that id kill my engine if he fitted my y with out me buying up grade for ecu. Not happy as i sold him my y . Now i need another one

Ok, just throwing this out there.....

Just been told that it can damage your engine to run a Remus (or any aftermarket can) and a Y-Piece de-cat pipe without an ECU or power commander upgrade.

is this true?

No, 36k with Remus and Y-piece. I bought/fitted them when the bike was new and the BMW dealer said no upgrades to the ECU/fuelling were required. They also confirmed the warrenty, back then, would not be effected in anyway.

No, 36k with Remus and Y-piece. I bought/fitted them when the bike was new and the BMW dealer said no upgrades to the ECU/fuelling were required. They also confirmed the warrenty, back then, would not be effected in anyway.

+1 for the above, did exactly the same, same info from the dealer. Bike now on 60k.

If you search back far enough in this section you'll find reference to burnt out valves and engines running lean and a warning around the use of Y-pieces and race cans. I'm guessing that's where your advice has come from. As per above, lots of people have fitted y-pieces and race cans and not had any problems but, funds permitting, getting a remap or installing a PC would certainly add further benefit and make the bike nicer to ride. Good luck:thumby:

My 1100 has done over 100,000 miles with a Remus and y-piece and I've never touched the engine - still goes great guns :thumby:

If you search back far enough in this section you'll find reference to burnt out valves and engines running lean and a warning around the use of Y-pieces and race cans. I'm guessing that's where your advice has come from. As per above, lots of people have fitted y-pieces and race cans and not had any problems but, funds permitting, getting a remap or installing a PC would certainly add further benefit and make the bike nicer to ride. Good luck:thumby:
Yea i had a scooby and lean was real bad for it so once he said the bikes running lean i shat it lol. But will look for another y and maybe a pc

Well fitted y section and box, sounds great but its a bit on and off on low end rev range .ie when just riding in traffic low speed .if you get my meaning .any one else get this ?
Cheers neil

Hi all
I've just got a 2006 gsa
Having issues with it being lumpy at start up, it's got a y section and Remus on it , but after a run it will tick over but really lumpy , any help would be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all
I've just got a 2006 gsa
Having issues with it being lumpy at start up, it's got a y section and Remus on it , but after a run it will tick over but really lumpy , any help would be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably not the exhaust.
What bike have you got as this is the 1150 section:D

I have done over 50,000 miles with a Remus and Y. The OE parts were fitted once a year for the Austrian test during the time I lived there, otherwise they live in the boxes they came in when I collected the bike new from the dealers.

John

+1 Remus (baffle in) and Y, no cat with no problems (42k)

Have just fitted free flow filters (removed air box completely) but I've done this in conjunction with remap (still leaving baffles in remus for now).

Back
Top Bottom