Wicking T-Shirt

That's a great deal. Cheers for posting.
The first I heard about Bamboo fabric was when I started to look for a helmet.
It's used in the lining of my Shark Explore R.

Aldi are currently selling bamboo t shirts and vests for £4.99.

The cycling tops and motorcycling base layer bottoms I bought from Aldi in the last few months have been very good. You can rinse them out and they dry very quickly. On a very hot day pour half a litre of water down each leg and let the evaporation cool you as you ride, just don't wet the arse area as that may lead to chafing...

Used Helly Hanson in my earlier years for high sweating activities - moutaineering, cycling skiing. Extremely good at wicking away sweat and kept the garment dry next to your skin. Bad part was it PONGED after only a few minutes. Come to think of it maybe that's why I did most of the Munros and Corbetts on my own and the deer kept coming up close......

Moved over to merino.
2011. Icebreaker 150gm T shirt and a 200gm half zip long sleeved. Used for about four years. T shirt was great in warm/hot weather could wear for a week doing large amount of sweating and no pong. Didn't wick as well as the Helly but still far far better than a cotton T shirt. The long sleeved half zip was a 'body fit'. Comfortable enough but really designed for those half whippet fell runners. Not a pretty sight to be parading about with my mamboobs being aired in public. Definitely cover up at all times. However, after 3 yrs, holes started to appear under the arms - just wearing thin very quickly. So £50 for a T and £75 for a half zip that you can wear for weeks at a time between washes is probably okay. BTW, always hand washed too. Especially 'on tour' as you don't need to take many clothes.

2013. Then discovered Rohan. Much, much softer and longer lasting, thuogh they are a bit thicker. Nice 'generous' manly fit. Mamboobs not so obvious. I take a L in Rohan and an XL in Icebreaker for a 46" chest. T shirts and half zips are similar price to Icebreaker but they are definitely lasting much better and not fading like the Icebreaker T and keeping their shape just as well. Rohan often have 'end of season' sales. 30% - 50% off making garment not a 'bargain' but more affordable.
Extensive website and good mail order service. Remember sizes are quite generous but worth a look.

http://www.rohan.co.uk/

No connection with company but have bought a number of other items and very impressed with the overall quality and clever design features.

All my gear is Rohan now , end of season / midd season discount up to 50% is achievable .
Best T shirt and base layer is this http://www.rohan.co.uk/mens-travel-and-outdoor-tshirts-and-tops-Ultra-Silver-T-?ocode=03905550
60grams in weight and packs to the size of a cigarette packet , wash in the sink ,dry in direct sun light or under the hand dryer in 5 min .
Feels like silk to touch , they have the boxer shorts in the same material .

Back
Top Bottom