Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Interphone, Scala, or Sena?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty GSER View Post
    I'm running a Mac, so that's the Sena out then
    I've used Sena with a couple of different Macs for a few years and never had any problems updating or configuring my SMH10s.... Maybe just lucky...
    HTB

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music

Quote Originally Posted by richardbd View Post
    Funny how all the comms threads are full of debate about which is the best (or the worst) bluetooth system - and/or what difference the latest firmware update does (or doesn't) make. There are more opinions than there are systems and clearly absolutely no agreement about anything.

Meanwhile the Autocom-enabled just carry on regardless, with no firmware to update, no battery-life worries on and no concerns about inter-connectivity.

Is it just me, or are some people slow on the uptake?

Trouble is the quality of current autocom headsets is shite to say the least, the quality of workmanship on said headsets useless wire is even worse and what's with the bloody great plastic ring around each speaker that has to be removed to fit the average helmet.

Don't get me wrong I have had many many years of trouble free use of autocom but the quality is going down hill.

On the upside I found a guy on eBay that builds headsets using all good quality wiring which appears to have solved my problem but it does make me think long and hard about Bluetooth
    2006 Yellow R1200 GSA

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Peril View Post
    Trouble is the quality of current autocom headsets is shite to say the least, the quality of workmanship on said headsets useless wire is even worse and what's with the bloody great plastic ring around each speaker that has to be removed to fit the average helmet.

Don't get me wrong I have had many many years of trouble free use of autocom but the quality is going down hill.

On the upside I found a guy on eBay that builds headsets using all good quality wiring which appears to have solved my problem but it does make me think long and hard about Bluetooth
    I was like you, Autocom was the intercom of choice, none of the BT devices(that I tried) had the in helmet volume while wearing earlpugs.
    I now have a SENA SMH10 bluetooth unit which is very good, more than loud enough with plugs in and easily lasts a day on the bike no problem.

Have you a link to the guy on eBay please ?

Quote Originally Posted by maz12 View Post
    Have you a link to the guy on eBay please ?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3316478700...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This is for 5 pin but email him and he'll sort you out.
    2006 Yellow R1200 GSA

Thank you

Anyone tried BMW Bluetooth system?

Thanks

Rich...I know you've got the tour back in situ, but FWIW to others....my 'new' intercom set up is as follows:

> Kept my Scala G4 rider unit
    > Updated the software to the latest version (v3.2)...... Cardo will continue to release software updates for the G4 although it's a dated model
    > Bought an updated base unit, which is actually for the G9x which the G4 is fully compatible with (as per link below)

http://www.motorcycle-tourer.co.uk/c...e-to-g9x-base/

> The new base unit comes with 2 plug in mic's (corded & boom), and also has plug in helmet speakers, or, as I shall be doing, plugging in my custom fit sound ears for the ultimate sound experience

I've fitted the new bits into a new lid (X-Lite X-551 GT) and the clamp fits snugly onto the helmet base, and I've opted to use the cabled mic (leads from the base unit sit nicely behind the helmet liner & cheek pad.

Happy days
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

Are the SMH10's waterproof.

Just been out in the wet ( and yes it pissed down) and it's dead

Quote Originally Posted by PW Cymru View Post
    Are the SMH10's waterproof.

Just been out in the wet ( and yes it pissed down) and it's dead
    Not in my experience.

A riding mate and I bought a pair a few years ago for a trip to Scotland. Needless to say it rained heavily and on the second day, mine packed up. I could literally shake water out of it. Next day, my mates packed up as well.

Took them back to the supplier and got a refund and we bought Scala G9s.

Nowhere in their advertising does it say the Sena is IP rated unlike the Scalas. Both of ours have remained working despite subsequent soakings. I did like the Sena's ease of operation but there no good if they pack up in heavy rain.

I've read that other people have had no problems though.

I must admit the packtalk on its DMC mode is a cut above the standard bluetooth - much clearer and longer range - just a pity you can mix modes :-(

I've had it since Nov 2015 so still within Warranty.

Think I'll contact FC.Moto to see if they'll replace it

Dark Side of the Moon (Haute Loire) France
    Been using a pair of Sena SMH5s for a few years now,

they work fine with my TomTom rider 5 and are definitely waterproof, they still hold charge for a full days use

Not tried them with my phone, it can wait when I'm riding

I'm running a Mac, so that's the Sena out then
    I use a Mac with my Senu 10u no problem at all.

Thanks chaps. I'm reading reviews online (yep, living the dream ), and the one that gets the best review is the bloody F5MC.

In fairness, when it works, it is very good, but I'm put off by 3 failures in under a year.
    A group of four of us regularly ride and we all have Interphones. I have a European F5 model, one has a F3 and the other two have F5MC...all work fine except one of the F5MC's which seems to loose its charge much quicker than the rest.... can only put it down to a bad batch maybe But as you say, when they work, they are very good.

I'm just not right in the head

My YouTube Channel, if you're interested

To update my own thread, I upgraded to the Interphone Tour last year, and it's the best intercom I've owned.

The battery life is fantastic, only needing to be charged after a few full days of riding. If you're out on the road, it can be charged from flat to full in under an hour, so if you get caught short, you can charge it up while you have lunch, as it comes with a portable battery pack charger.

It reconnects quickly when out of range with other units, however, the range is better than any previous models.

The icing on the cake is that it's a doddle to use; nice big buttons you can feel with gloves on, plus there's an app now, which makes life even easier.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Tour to anyone.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast