Interphone, Scala, or Sena?

Been using a pair of Sena SMH5s for a few years now,

they work fine with my TomTom rider 5 and are definitely waterproof, they still hold charge for a full days use

Not tried them with my phone, it can wait when I'm riding

Thanks chaps. I'm reading reviews online (yep, living the dream :p), and the one that gets the best review is the bloody F5MC.:blast

In fairness, when it works, it is very good, but I'm put off by 3 failures in under a year.

A group of four of us regularly ride and we all have Interphones. I have a European F5 model, one has a F3 and the other two have F5MC...all work fine except one of the F5MC's which seems to loose its charge much quicker than the rest.... can only put it down to a bad batch maybe But as you say, when they work, they are very good.

To update my own thread, I upgraded to the Interphone Tour last year, and it's the best intercom I've owned.

The battery life is fantastic, only needing to be charged after a few full days of riding. If you're out on the road, it can be charged from flat to full in under an hour, so if you get caught short, you can charge it up while you have lunch, as it comes with a portable battery pack charger.

It reconnects quickly when out of range with other units, however, the range is better than any previous models.

The icing on the cake is that it's a doddle to use; nice big buttons you can feel with gloves on, plus there's an app now, which makes life even easier.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Tour to anyone.:thumb

I've just bought the new Cardo Scala Freecom. Real quality kit. Just trialled it on a trip to Brittany and was very impressed. I chose the Freecom 2 Duo for Navigation and talking to me passenger. Excellent phone clarity too.

Had a Packtalk which worked for a year and then the battery stopped charging . Also didn't connect very well to phone and didn't work at all with KTM. Sent it back and got full refund . Replaced with Schuberth C4 helmet and the SC1 comms kit which is Sena-based.
So far it's faultless . Connects to KTM too which is brilliant .

Had a Packtalk which worked for a year and then the battery stopped charging . Also didn't connect very well to phone and didn't work at all with KTM. Sent it back and got full refund . Replaced with Schuberth C4 helmet and the SC1 comms kit which is Sena-based.
So far it's faultless . Connects to KTM too which is brilliant .

I upgraded to the Packtalk 3 months ago from the G9, Packtalk will not accept a charge or stay connected to the PC, not impressed:nono

My Pactalk has been going strong for a year and a half no issues apart from the last update which was a pain, but it updated ok in the end. If its only 3 months old get is swapped

My Pactalk has been going strong for a year and a half no issues apart from the last update which was a pain, but it updated ok in the end. If its only 3 months old get is swapped

Been trying to contact the seller for a week with no response, have also been intouch with Scala who's only advice was to re-set the unit but still no joy, i have to say it was part of a duo pack and the other unit is fine,

Is there a UK based return place?

Also had the same issues with the 3.1 update on both units, but put this down to a software glitch

To update my own thread, I upgraded to the Interphone Tour last year, and it's the best intercom I've owned.

The battery life is fantastic, only needing to be charged after a few full days of riding. If you're out on the road, it can be charged from flat to full in under an hour, so if you get caught short, you can charge it up while you have lunch, as it comes with a portable battery pack charger.

It reconnects quickly when out of range with other units, however, the range is better than any previous models.

The icing on the cake is that it's a doddle to use; nice big buttons you can feel with gloves on, plus there's an app now, which makes life even easier.

+1 for interphone... I have the urban... clear links to swmbo on the back, to my iPhone and to the bike... and so much cheaper than the competition. £160 for two pack - bargain:beerjug:

+1 for interphone... I have the urban... clear links to swmbo on the back, to my iPhone and to the bike... and so much cheaper than the competition. £160 for two pack - bargain:beerjug:

Whats the volume like when streaming music at speed?

I looked at the urban, but the speakers were piddly didt look like they could offer much bass at all

Whats the volume like when streaming music at speed?

I looked at the urban, but the speakers were piddly didt look like they could offer much bass at all

if you dont like the standard speakers there is an upgrade speaker kit available which very very good

got it off ebay a while ago,interphone accessories pro sound kit for shoei (others available i think)

Agree with all that BUT its crap with a sat nav as it keeps the sat nav live for ages.

PS. I still think wired systems are better.......................:hide:hide:hide:hide

got it off ebay a while ago,interphone accessories pro sound kit for shoei (others available i think)

Ah, ok, I've seen the Shoei specific kit, but thought you meant just the speakers.:thumb

My Senna 10 has been faultless so far. 1 yr old now. Speak as you find ;)

I have to agree. Buy right buy once. I have had a few cheap headsets. All broke or failed. My sena 20s is spot on. Battery last forever too. I did a quick review of it in the early days. And we'll still great.

Best option is mates with sena too the poring process is second to none.

Good luck. Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased the SHO1 intercom when they first came out and whilst the fit and design was cool and speakers excellent, the unit itself IMHO was not fit for purpose.

I use the Nav VI with a Sena 20S its simply the best intercom i've owned, unlike many others, it operates and interchanges between the, Nav, Phone, Radio, Music, Bike to Bike etc absolutely seamlessly. No the design isn't as sleek and no the speakers don't sound as good, but awesome functionality and realibility is my priority.

Back
Top Bottom