Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 65 to 80 of 81

Thread: Interphone, Scala, or Sena?

  1. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    214
    I've just bought the new Cardo Scala Freecom. Real quality kit. Just trialled it on a trip to Brittany and was very impressed. I chose the Freecom 2 Duo for Navigation and talking to me passenger. Excellent phone clarity too.

  2. #66
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Guernsey or on another beach...
    Posts
    9,931
    Had a Packtalk which worked for a year and then the battery stopped charging . Also didn't connect very well to phone and didn't work at all with KTM. Sent it back and got full refund . Replaced with Schuberth C4 helmet and the SC1 comms kit which is Sena-based.
    So far it's faultless . Connects to KTM too which is brilliant .

  3. #67
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post
    Had a Packtalk which worked for a year and then the battery stopped charging . Also didn't connect very well to phone and didn't work at all with KTM. Sent it back and got full refund . Replaced with Schuberth C4 helmet and the SC1 comms kit which is Sena-based.
    So far it's faultless . Connects to KTM too which is brilliant .
    I upgraded to the Packtalk 3 months ago from the G9, Packtalk will not accept a charge or stay connected to the PC, not impressed

  4. #68
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Salisbury, England
    Posts
    323
    My Pactalk has been going strong for a year and a half no issues apart from the last update which was a pain, but it updated ok in the end. If its only 3 months old get is swapped

  5. #69
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by casbar View Post
    My Pactalk has been going strong for a year and a half no issues apart from the last update which was a pain, but it updated ok in the end. If its only 3 months old get is swapped
    Been trying to contact the seller for a week with no response, have also been intouch with Scala who's only advice was to re-set the unit but still no joy, i have to say it was part of a duo pack and the other unit is fine,

    Is there a UK based return place?

  6. #70
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by casbar View Post
    My Pactalk has been going strong for a year and a half no issues apart from the last update which was a pain, but it updated ok in the end. If its only 3 months old get is swapped
    Also had the same issues with the 3.1 update on both units, but put this down to a software glitch

  7. #71
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Ely
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty GSER View Post
    To update my own thread, I upgraded to the Interphone Tour last year, and it's the best intercom I've owned.

    The battery life is fantastic, only needing to be charged after a few full days of riding. If you're out on the road, it can be charged from flat to full in under an hour, so if you get caught short, you can charge it up while you have lunch, as it comes with a portable battery pack charger.

    It reconnects quickly when out of range with other units, however, the range is better than any previous models.

    The icing on the cake is that it's a doddle to use; nice big buttons you can feel with gloves on, plus there's an app now, which makes life even easier.

    I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Tour to anyone.
    +1 for interphone... I have the urban... clear links to swmbo on the back, to my iPhone and to the bike... and so much cheaper than the competition. £160 for two pack - bargain

  8. #72
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    West Sussex
    Posts
    1,087
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAlEly View Post
    +1 for interphone... I have the urban... clear links to swmbo on the back, to my iPhone and to the bike... and so much cheaper than the competition. £160 for two pack - bargain
    Whats the volume like when streaming music at speed?

    I looked at the urban, but the speakers were piddly didt look like they could offer much bass at all

  9. #73
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    bookham,surrey
    Posts
    2,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa-2512 View Post
    Whats the volume like when streaming music at speed?

    I looked at the urban, but the speakers were piddly didt look like they could offer much bass at all
    if you dont like the standard speakers there is an upgrade speaker kit available which very very good

  10. #74
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,459
    Quote Originally Posted by autogs View Post
    if you dont like the standard speakers there is an upgrade speaker kit available which very very good
    Got a link?

  11. #75
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    bookham,surrey
    Posts
    2,893
    got it off ebay a while ago,interphone accessories pro sound kit for shoei (others available i think)

  12. #76
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hull
    Posts
    2,495
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty GSER View Post
    To update my own thread, I upgraded to the Interphone Tour last year, and it's the best intercom I've owned.

    The battery life is fantastic, only needing to be charged after a few full days of riding. If you're out on the road, it can be charged from flat to full in under an hour, so if you get caught short, you can charge it up while you have lunch, as it comes with a portable battery pack charger.

    It reconnects quickly when out of range with other units, however, the range is better than any previous models.

    The icing on the cake is that it's a doddle to use; nice big buttons you can feel with gloves on, plus there's an app now, which makes life even easier.

    I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Tour to anyone.

    Agree with all that BUT its crap with a sat nav as it keeps the sat nav live for ages.


    PS. I still think wired systems are better.......................

  13. #77
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,459
    Quote Originally Posted by autogs View Post
    got it off ebay a while ago,interphone accessories pro sound kit for shoei (others available i think)
    Ah, ok, I've seen the Shoei specific kit, but thought you meant just the speakers.

  14. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B View Post
    My Senna 10 has been faultless so far. 1 yr old now. Speak as you find
    I have to agree. Buy right buy once. I have had a few cheap headsets. All broke or failed. My sena 20s is spot on. Battery last forever too. I did a quick review of it in the early days. And we'll still great.


    Best option is mates with sena too the poring process is second to none.

    Good luck. Tom


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #79
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    bookham,surrey
    Posts
    2,893
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty GSER View Post
    Ah, ok, I've seen the Shoei specific kit, but thought you meant just the speakers.
    it is just speakers great big buggers they are you must be looking at the wrong thing,

  16. #80
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    83

    Click here to find out how to remove these ads

    I purchased the SHO1 intercom when they first came out and whilst the fit and design was cool and speakers excellent, the unit itself IMHO was not fit for purpose.

    I use the Nav VI with a Sena 20S its simply the best intercom i've owned, unlike many others, it operates and interchanges between the, Nav, Phone, Radio, Music, Bike to Bike etc absolutely seamlessly. No the design isn't as sleek and no the speakers don't sound as good, but awesome functionality and realibility is my priority.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy

"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good"